CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

F/T problems

Old 11-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
laviachris
F/T problems

Is it common for a baby corn to not eat frozen thawed mice? couple days ago she ate fine with a live mouse but I thought to switch her to f/T early and she wouldn't eat it she looked, smelled and licked it. This is the Second time she refused frozen. Should I just go head and feed live and try with frozen every now and then and hope one day she takes it?

Old 11-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Nanci
How long are you going between feedings? Are you making the FT pink REALLY hot? As hot as your tap water will go??

Old 11-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
laviachris
6 days this time. No I was instructed to let it thaw naturally and then feed it to her around room temp which sounded odd to me but It came from a trustworthy source so I figured it was correct.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #4
TyeW
Try boiling the mouse then feeding it. If not, "brain" it by poking a hole in its head and exposing brain "juice".

Old 11-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #5
Nanci
Yeah, gross. You just need to thaw for a minute in a cup or bowl, under hot running water. I always slit the skull and back about 4-5 times with a tiny scissors. If he doesn't take that, thaw the same way, then pour boiling water over it, and serve immediately.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
laviachris
I'll try those tomorrow! Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google