CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

where to buy pinkies

Old 11-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
crzymom2grl2by
where to buy pinkies

I was told by the two people that I know who have snakes that petsmart and petco are the only places around to buy them. I got a three pack for $5. Seemed ridiculously expensive. But I looked online and found some for $.25, but then shipping was anywhere from $35-65. Yikes!!! I could never raise them myself as I am an animal lover of all types and so I'd feel bad killing them myself. Any other suggestions?

Old 11-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
crackerhead
Why not see if there are any other snake owners in your area willing to go in on a frozen order. OR American Rodent delivers to your state free of charge (I believe there is a $10 dry ice fee). You could get 50 pinks for around $25.

Terri

Old 11-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
Zombiegirl
I would pick up feeders from the reptile shows when I had one snake but have since obtained 5 more so now it's a little more reasonable to order online...I have to order several different sizes (from pinky mice to small rats) at this point but the ONLY place that has pinkies small enough for 3 of mine is PetSmart unfortunately...they cost $12 for 6 ...I've ordered pinks online from the supplier I like and they are the biggest mouse pinks I've ever seen so...needless to say, I spend $24 to get 12 pinks which is enough to last 2 feedings each 50 pinks for $25 is not bad.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
crzymom2grl2by
Thanks, I'll check out American Rodents, that's a good idea.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
crzymom2grl2by
Yikes, American Rodents wants a minimum order of $100. I don't know enough people to split that with.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
Jupiter
I use Laynelabs, they don't have a minimum requirement, and have all mouse sizes from 1-day old up. The only downfall for me is that they ship from somewhere in California I believe, so shipping for me is around 40 bucks, but I back ordered enough for my only current snake, and the one I plan on getting sometime next year, to last a while. For my baby I got 50 1 day olds and 50 large pinks (enough to do easily for several months, 8+ I'd say) for only around 80 bucks. And I read (although this is my first snake) that when it gets full grown the cost of that will go down a bit. I live in the middle of no where, 150 miles+ from the nearest reptile expo, and I've looked everywhere online for mice breeders/fellow snake owners that are close and have found nothing so I'm forced to buy online. BTW everyone who reads this, I'm in the WV, KY, OH tristate area..... If anyone is close lol

Old 11-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
crzymom2grl2by
I ended up buying 100 pinkies from RodentPro today. Hope they come soon, but I will need to make one more trip to buy a three pack to get me by as mine ended up eating tonight and will need to eat again Saturday, I'm expecting my order around midweek next week. It was $65, a huge savings from the pet stores. It would be $167 to get one hundred pinkies from the pet store at $5 a 3 pack. Yikes.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
flamekitty84
glad to see the RodentPro place worked out for u
I will never order from anywhere else lol

Old 11-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
crzymom2grl2by
My only concern is that I bought too many and they will be moved up to fuzzies before I use all the pinkies.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
flamekitty84
u can always use 2 tho if they can handle it. also, depending on how many snakes will b eating these, it could go pretty fast. if u feed only once a week, 100 pinks can last 2 years, 4-5 days prolly last 1 year n 1/2
but if u have two snakes, which I think u do, they can be gone in less than a year. and thats pretty good since they prolly wont need to move up that quickly. and if they do, u can always feed two c: or one and a half for a while

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google