CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

how long you nuke frozen mice?

Old 01-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #11
Myca
Nuke the mice. That's funny. No need to. Just use hot tap water. It doesn't take long.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #12
Zombiegirl
I used to nuke the tap water but I must have some sort of super-microwave as the water would get so hot the mice would explode in the mug.....sooooo, I do hot tap water (as hot as it will go won't get near what the microwave did) and haven't had exploding mice since.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #13
crazyd82
I always just used hot tap water. Let the mouse soak for a few minutes then change the water and repeat.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
GabbieJade
I toss mine on the counter for an hour or 2. Then when they are thawed out I drop em in hot tap water for a few secs to warm them up for piece of mind if nothing else

Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #15
Bullelk
The one time I tried to feed one thawed in the microwave my corn didn't take it. I've gone hot water since and had no issues.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:20 AM   #16
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane11 View Post
??????????????
Hey Shane, you still here??????????????????????????? Need some feedback.

Fun thread. I set mine in cold water pyrex bowl to thaw (takes awhile depending on size) sometimes if big prey it goes in the fridge and then I go to work at the care factory for awhile, and later run hot tap water over them. As far as nuking goes, and I really have NO reason or theory to offer for this, but sometimes there's reluctant feeding babies, and I try all the other options, but they want to be locked up in a little deli cup with a nuke-o-lated pinkie--- so those few pinkies get wrapped up in a wet paper towel, so WHEN they explode, which some will, inevitably, and yes, wrap them in a wet paper towel so the popcorn later don't taste curious... and then just nuke em for a couple seconds... and then for a couple more seconds if necessary...if u nuke em too much all at once, well, it's difficult to wring out the paper towel to get the meal down their gullet...
I did the 'sticke m in a cup with water' thing a couple of times but I prefer the wrapped in a wet paper towl method. Most of my corns will take a room temp thawed meal and those that don't (one in 77) get a special note on their viv (they're arranged in the snake rooms according to prey size and feeding glitches)...anyways hope this was helpful in some way. Jeesh, I bet the dubia roach chatboards don't have these issues.

Many roads to a single destination. Lots of options here. Let us know how that works out

Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 AM   #17
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
so those few pinkies get wrapped up in a wet paper towel, so WHEN they explode, which some will, inevitably, and yes, wrap them in a wet paper towel so the popcorn later don't taste curious...
Oh, uh, yeah, Dave, about our movie date at your house with the popcorn next week... uh, I have to wash my snake's hair. Yeah, that's it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google