CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Shipped Leo DOA..

Old 05-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
ronlina
Unhappy Shipped Leo DOA..

I posted a thread a short while ago about getting a leopard gecko, asking for advice, - some of you guys asked me to tell you all how she arrived (she was a rescue, and was being shipped overnight)

Well this morning she came when FedEx said, 10:30 - but not alive and well. In fact, she wasn't alive at all. I was pretty devastated, I was so excited about finaly seein her. I was so upset - and I talked to the wife of the man who sent her to me (they're really nice poeple, the leo was packed great) and I'm not sure what we're going to do. I mean, she was a rescue and the couple is also very unhappy - but it was only a $40 shipment. Would it even be worth it to go after fed ex? do you think that's necessary? (Could it have just been a stress- related thing?)

I would feel bad asking a refund from teh couple. they put a lot of work into the leo an everything.

I guess I'm asking for support and advice.

Old 05-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
Khaman
Fed Ex will get you nowhere. If the person that shipped it to you is verified with Fed Ex they would have signed a waiver stating that Fed Ex is not liable for ANYTHING even if it was late, lost, or stolen still not their fault. If they are not verified then you are just admitting to Fed Ex that they sent you the Leo without being verified and it can come back on them.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:21 PM   #3
ronlina
Thanks for the feed back - the people who sold me the leo are nice people, and said they'd either refund my money or else send me one of the other resuces they have there. So, I'm going to try again and see if I can have one of the other geckos, and it'll be sent by another carrier.

Sad that FedEx doesn't take responsibility for what could be the fault of their workers, though - especially when their services are that pricy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google