• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kerfuffle - Hypo High White Pied

Parrick

Hello all,

So I finally got a corn snake. Picked him up a few days ago. I’ve never had one before; but I have three ball pythons.

Firstly, wow he is tiny!

He’s a hypo diffused pied sided, with quite a lot of white.
I’ve named him Kerfuffle because it was a bit of an effort to get him to me from the breeder a few hundred miles away... hard to transport a snake through different borders across Europe during covid restrictions... anyway, he’s here now and he’s doing great.
He just ate his first meal an hour ago so I think that’s a good sign! Haven’t tried to hold him yet because I can see he’s nervous. I’ll wait a few more days at least.

And here is a photo! He looks redder in real life.

2jyx2w3

I thought it might be interesting to make this a profession thread if people are interested :)

Wow, he's beautiful! And I love the name - really cute. Definitely update with progress. I love to watch pied sided mature.

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with him so far.
Attempting to display the photo so nobody has to click a link :)

Attachments

• 50251295818_6458f77603_c.jpg
    50251295818_6458f77603_c.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 93
Kerfuffle shed last night for the first time in my care, so I guess it's his second shed.
Colour is looking great, especially in the direct sunlight!

Attachments

• kerfuffleafterfirstshed.jpg
    kerfuffleafterfirstshed.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 84
  • kerfuffleafterfirstshed2.jpg
    kerfuffleafterfirstshed2.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 85
A little update.
Since the last photo he has shed again.

He has been a super defensive little fellow initially, but he calms down after a few seconds and now I’m able to handle him. Hoping his defensive attack mode stops soon, but he is tiny so I can understand!

Very hard to photograph the colours properly!

Attachments

• 662FBEDD-637C-4802-9A56-D4591153F68B.jpeg
    662FBEDD-637C-4802-9A56-D4591153F68B.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 65
  • 0A1A69EA-4570-4567-8F80-9F529F891CAA.jpeg
    0A1A69EA-4570-4567-8F80-9F529F891CAA.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 64
A little update, and a question!
He's doing well, eating great...
But I would have expected him to be BIGGER by now. He seems to be getting longer and longer but still feels like a wiggly worm haha... I think I'm too used to my chunky ball pythons! What age will they start to feel little more.. substantial?

Attachments

• corn.jpg
    corn.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 36
He's so pretty! It can take them a while to start growing a lot. Have you weighed him? What does his feeding schedule look like? I usually find that they get a bit of a growth spurt once they're on fuzzies.

Thanks!
He gets one larger pinky every five to seven days so far.
The pinkies are definitely the maximum he can take right now!
Maybe soon he’ll be ready for fuzzies

Sounds like a good schedule for him. If you have a kitchen gram scale, you might enjoy periodically weighing him to see his growth a little more precisely.

So I weighed him for the first time today. He’s only 13g... seems low to me but he’s eating and shedding and looks to be in great condition so I guess he’s just a slow grower!

When they're still eating pinkies, it seems to take forever for them to grow! But at 13 grams, he's almost ready for peach fuzzies, if you can find them. I usually move them up at 15 grams.

Back