• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bad shed

ServantOfCthulhu

Hey everyone, first time snake owner here. I've had my corn Narcissa for about a month and a half. She's shed once since I've had her and it was a complete shed besides the tip of her tail (which came off pretty easy with a damp paper towel). But this time she's shedding in tiny little pieces. It looks like when a person peels from a sunburn. I read a post on here about a shed box someone made. (Putting a towel with a little room temp water into a Rubbermaid container, and putting the snake in for 20 minutes). I did that earlier today but it didn't seem to help at all. Should I be doing it every day until she's done shedding? Or is there something else I can do to help? I have a moist hide in her tank, but she doesn't care for it at all. She's never gone in it. And since I noticed her trying to shed I've been misting her tank a couple times a day.

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk

It sounds like you're doing everything right. I would also let her slither through a damp wash cloth while you hold her if she still has some stuck pieces.

You could also put some room temp, damp moss into a hide and leave it in the cage until your snake sheds. I remove after the shed and toss, to avoid any mold or bacterial growth.

enjoy!

-Tonya

You could also put some room temp, damp moss into a hide and leave it in the cage until your snake sheds. I remove after the shed and toss, to avoid any mold or bacterial growth.

enjoy!

-Tonya

I have some in there right now already, but she doesn't seem to like it much. That's why I tried the shed box today, 'cause she hasn't gone near the moss at all.

Is it normal for a snake to shed from time to time?

Hey everyone, first time snake owner here. I've had my corn Narcissa for about a month and a half. She's shed once since I've had her and it was a complete shed besides the tip of her tail (which came off pretty easy with a damp paper towel). But this time she's shedding in tiny little pieces. It looks like when a person peels from a sunburn. I read a post on here about a shed box someone made. (Putting a towel with a little room temp water into a Rubbermaid container, and putting the snake in for 20 minutes). I did that earlier today but it didn't seem to help at all. Should I be doing it every day until she's done shedding? Or is there something else I can do to help? I have a moist hide in her tank, but she doesn't care for it at all. She's never gone in it. And since I noticed her trying to shed I've been misting her tank a couple times a day.

Just thought i'd update. Today I finally got all of the shed skin off. Took daily 20 min shed box soaking followed by having her go through a damp rag for a few minutes. I have no idea why it took so long. But my little one should feel much better now. Does anyone have any advice on preventing something like this in the future?

Back