CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Candino ball python, Cloud

Old 11-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
DuxorW
Candino ball python, Cloud

Here is my baby Candino ball python. If you are not that familiar with ball python morphs, candy is a recessive mutation but is allelic to albino. So, for example, crossing a candy to an albino would yield all candinos. Candies look like lavender albinos on steroids as babies and juveniles, but apparently brown out as adults. Candinos were first produced in 2012 (I think) so nobody knows if they will stay purple and yellow or for how long. Maybe they will stay purple, maybe they will develop half as much pigmentation, or maybe they will get just as brown as a candy but take twice as long. So this friendly little guy should make a great progression thread! He would only eat live mice (and only sometimes) when I got him but I have already gotten him switched to frozen thawed rats with a little trick that has worked well for me.

I think you can see his purples coming through already, and he is only about 80 grams.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Joba
He's very pretty. I'll be following this thread to see how he grows!

Old 11-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
DuxorW
Feel free to prod me if I am lax about updating!

Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Very pretty! I'm not a fan of most ball python morphs, but I like this one a lot.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
Nanci
Super pretty!!

Old 11-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
DuxorW
He says thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Very pretty! I'm not a fan of most ball python morphs, but I like this one a lot.
I am with you on this, although I'm not sure there is anything cuter than a head on shot of a baby ball python face! 99% of ball morphs don't really do anything for me, especially considering their price. I can count the morphs I like on my fingers (super cinny, BELs, mystic potion, albinos, bananas, pumas, pieds, and maybe a few others) and some of them are only attractive as babies. I am mostly a fan of reds, purples, pinks, yellows, and solid white/black snakes. Reds/oranges are something that is really missing from royals. There is the sunset mutation which is beautiful alone and will probably make some outrageous combos, but a pair of hets is 35k! And to me something as simple as a coral sunglow boa is more beautiful than most bp morphs. Also, I think a high quality normal with nice gold hues is prettier than most mutations. But I guess the good thing about corns and ball pythons is that there really is something for everyone!

Old 11-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
DuxorW
I think he will make a great boyfriend someday for my albino spider, who is my only other ball python. She's so beautiful and sweet.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #8
alice
He is so pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #9
DuxorW
Thanks Alice!

Old 11-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #10
alice
You are very welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google