CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Meet "Zephan" :)

Old 11-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #11
MysticExotics
Sorry I haven't posted any pics yet.

Here he is when I met up with his temp foster mom, then in the truck getting ready to head back north.
It was a long day for him, he traveled almost 6 hours to get here.

I found out a little more about him.
He was picked up as a stray in NM, but he was picked up June 30th, and spent four months in that shelter.
He was transported by an organization called Start Rescue to OR from NM.
I had contacted the NM shelter to verify dates on vaccines, to make sure I had correct info on him. They told me they didn't have an intake weight on him, but that he weighed 56lbs when he left for OR. (I kinda think maybe he lost a lot of weight diring the 4 months there, and they didn't want to tell me.)
He weighed 54lbs on intake at the OR shelter.
I do not have a current weight on him, I will get one on the 23rd, when I take him to the vet for an exam.
The good news, is he should be up to date on vaccs.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
MysticExotics
His coat was like straw when I picked him up.
Thanks to another Malinois friend, who gave me a care package with supplements to help get him back to a healthy state, he is putting on weight, and his coat is feeling more soft.

He is adjusting to being in yet another strange place.
The first night initially was loud. LOL
I left him in the truck for a minute while I put the girls out in the back yard. I let him pee in the front yard, then took him inside and put him in the kennel.
When I let the girls in, they knew immediately that something was up. They ran into the livingroom and it was a barkfest.
I had to cover his kennel, and it eventually quieted down.

It is day 5, and I can leave the blankets off of the front of the kennel (I was able to on the first day). I do periodically cover it, if he gets really worked up, so he will calm down.

Both he and the girls are getting used to each other's existence.
I hope by the end of the 2-week shut down, they will be used to each other, and I can do slow intros, one at a time.
I expect things to go well with Rory, but Alexa is the fun police, and it may take some time for those two to get used to each other.

I adore this boy, and I hope that he and the girls get along well, because I would really like to make him a permanent resident!

Old 11-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #13
Zeina
He's so damn cute! I love his eyes <3 Good luck with him, I hope it works out!

Old 11-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #14
Pogie
I love this dog!!!!

Old 11-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #15
MysticExotics
Day 6: He is becoming more comfortable, and last night, started to show a little playfulness.
I do some one on one time with him, while the girls are kenneled. I won't start intros with the girls for at least 9-10 days.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #16
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeina View Post
He's so damn cute! I love his eyes <3 Good luck with him, I hope it works out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogie View Post
I love this dog!!!!
Thank you! I do too

He hasn't shown his true self yet, I expect in another week or so I will start to see his true personality.
I know he will have a lot of energy, and this mellow side will probably not be as mellow. LOL

I know I'm crazy for bringing in a second Malinois, but I'm up for the challenge!
I look forward to seeing what his potential is in training.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #17
maxfox426
Bless you for taking him in. His eyes look so sad in the pics while he's in the car... you can just see he's been through so much.

The last photo is just priceless. <3

Old 11-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #18
Nanci
I can't believe he was so thin after being in a shelter for four months, where he was supposed to have been being helped...I bet the girls will love him. He's a boy, after all.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #19
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
Bless you for taking him in. His eyes look so sad in the pics while he's in the car... you can just see he's been through so much.

The last photo is just priceless. <3
I know, it broke my heart seeing him like that. To see a Malinois so lost, you know he has to have been through a lot.
I still see how he feels unsure, but he seems more content each day.
I guarantee I will cry the day I finally see the "Maligator smile".
Seeing those ears up will be a big step to, in his progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can't believe he was so thin after being in a shelter for four months, where he was supposed to have been being helped...I bet the girls will love him. He's a boy, after all.
Mal's have an incredibly hard time in shelters. Most dogs do, but shelters are especially hard for Mal's.
When I found out that he had been in the NM shelter for 4 months, to me, it kinda explained his weight loss. I'm not ruling out parasites, I know those are still a possibility, which I am treating for, but I would guess that much of his weight loss was due to being in the shelter so long.
I think the shelter realized he wasn't going to get any better, and decided to ship him off to someone else.
I didn't believe the staff member that they didn't have an intake weight on him. I think they didn't want to acknowledge how much weight he had lost in their care.
That is all speculation on my part, of course.

He will never have to worry about being in a shelter again.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Day 7: He looks a bit more filled in than he actually is, but he is noticeably putting on weight.
I could feel his prominent spine when I first brought him home, now I don't feel it so much when I pet him.

The first pic was last night. He fell asleep while I pet him.

The other two are this morning, as I was getting his breakfast ready.

I can sense potential for high energy in him, and he's a strong boy. He's going to be fun to work with when he is healthy again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google