• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How Old is YOUR Oldest Corn???

Wow! That snake is huge! Where did you adopt her? Did you get her because of her morph, or because they were overfeeding her?

Neither. I got her from a local herp buddy, who rescued her from his vet's office... apparently the original owner dropped her off for treatment, and decided to abandon her there. :mad: I was at his house a few months later, actually to pick up a Ball Python, and he said "You wanna free corn snake?" He knew I was into corns (he's not really), so figured I couldn't say no!

And the story continues: She actually escaped from a Rubbermaid container on the way home, and ended up living in the dashboard of my car for 3 weeks... hence the name change to Dash. ;) Amazingly she survived the harsh winter weather, and finally emerged on her own - fat as ever, LOL.

I can honestly say. That is the first time that I have seen a truely fat corn. I have always heard of them but have never seen them. I have only seen a fat RTB and let me tell you she had a hard time getting around. I am so glad that she has you now.

She'll be proud to know she's your fattest corn sighting... hehe. :D I'm glad I have her too, and promise she is in great hands now! She's actually lost a little weight, as you might notice when comparing my earlier photo w/ the last two I posted.

Haha, nice. I guess she just needed some time away from humans.
Thats messed up that the owner left her at the vet, though. Poor little snake. At least It's in good hands now!

Haha, nice. I guess she just needed some time away from humans.

Yeah, she actually seemed pretty content in there... I finally spotted her after about 2 weeks, and tried for DAYS to get her out. But she had to take her sweet time!

Thats messed up that the owner left her at the vet, though. Poor little snake. At least It's in good hands now!

Hard to believe somebody could abandon a pet, but I guess some people don't care about them like we do. :(

New Topic: Longness?

Just had a different question. I just didnt want to start another thread.
So tell me, How long is your longest corn? :D
I figured a good amout of people posted their older corns. Now lets talk about how long they got.

(Thoes of you who havent posted about the age, you can still do so, its still interesting :D )

Mine is an 8 year old Miami phase male :)

perseus.jpg

<< he's a 5 1/2 footer but I've never measured him exactly. I'm going by his viv being just over 3' x 2' and he stretches across the whole length, the whole width, and a bit more!

And to answer your next question, B, he hovers between 1100g - 1200g. He's a beastie.

My snake is going to be 1 year old next week. I measured him about a month ago and he was only 25 inches...but I'm not sure how accurate that was, since he wouldn't stay still! :mad:

I'm going by his viv being just over 3' x 2' and he stretches across the whole length, the whole width, and a bit more!

Thats what I've done too! I see how far he gets across the length of the tank when he's steched out. I measure that part, and then estimate the rest. Cant do that anymore though. He got a little to big. :D

My snake is going to be 1 year old next week. I measured him about a month ago and he was only 25 inches...but I'm not sure how accurate that was, since he wouldn't stay still! :mad:

Haha, Its pretty frusturating when that happens. I bet he'll grow out of it and be calmer. :D

My oldest corn is 6 years old. He was actually stolen by another member of this forum (snakesitting gone wrong) so I no longer have him. But he would be my oldest though.

Crue, 2005 Normal Motley

DSC_7588r.jpg

That picture looks awesome, Angela. I love the way the background sort of blends in with the snakes colors. Very nice snake as well. Thank you for posting on this old thread :)

Wow, this thread is pretty old. But it's still pretty cool, so...

Since I now own CrazyCorn's South Florida and Pewter het Hypo girls posted in this thread last year, they would now be 7 and 6 years old, respectively. My Sunglow, Kaygen, is 5 - I got him as a hatchling from a coworker. My Reverse Oketee female, Ginger, is "age unknown", but I've had her as an adult for about 3 years, so she's at least 6. My normal het amel male, Don Juan, is 6 or 7, Johnny the Thayeri king is 4, and my ball python Izzy is at least 7, probably older.

Hard to say I have a W.C. hunt club that we caught there 22 years ago & was a small adult at the time.:shrugs: That's when you could still get on the property with a permit.;) He sired a cluth @ 20+ years old.

Wow, this thread is pretty old. But it's still pretty cool, so...

Since I now own CrazyCorn's South Florida and Pewter het Hypo girls posted in this thread last year, they would now be 7 and 6 years old, respectively. My Sunglow, Kaygen, is 5 - I got him as a hatchling from a coworker. My Reverse Oketee female, Ginger, is "age unknown", but I've had her as an adult for about 3 years, so she's at least 6. My normal het amel male, Don Juan, is 6 or 7, Johnny the Thayeri king is 4, and my ball python Izzy is at least 7, probably older.

Hard to say I have a W.C. hunt club that we caught there 22 years ago & was a small adult at the time.:shrugs: That's when you could still get on the property with a permit.;) He sired a cluth @ 20+ years old.

Awesome! Thanks, you guys. Got any pictures? :)

Back