CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Chat room - listen up, please
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #11
Drizzt80
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Maybe that's not 'nice', but neither is coming into a cornsnake chat room to be rude and expect EVERYONE to stop what they're talking about to answer your off topic question.

However, what are we supposed to do? Why is our job to 'be nice' to rude people from Fauna who come into a cornsnake chat room to talk about frogs, toad, torts, iguana, lizards, moths, salamanders, etc etc? I don't get it. I feel like you're yelling at us because we're not accomodating these people---and that makes no sense to me.
I find this hilarious!! It's okay for Cornsakes.com members to talk about any random topic at any random time, but it's not okay for somebody else to come in and talk about stuff. How childish. I only used Joe's quote but others have said much the same thing (In my best whiny voice) "But they're off-topic Rich." Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
It's extremely rude to be doing what they're doing. They would be pissed off if we did the same to them, but we don't, because we have courtesy and class.

I'm not sorry, and I'm not going to apologize for telling him to gtfo. Maybe that's wrong, but I don't see why I'm anymore at fault then he was---I didn't come blasting into a room with
This IS directed at you Joe . . . SRSLY?! That's classy and courteous?! I would love to experience the princley behavior. I'd hate to see what happens when you're filled with good humor. Give me a break.

I may not have much room to talk because of my 'discussions' and such with the Vinster, but I can't believe what Rich posted in that Chatlog. I think Rich is right on the money with this one. Back to high school with the bunch of us eh?!

D80

Old 09-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMLReptiles
There is a problem with people on this site who seem to feel they "own" it and that their word is law. Just yesterday I had to defend a member who posted here cause she asked a question in referance to a comment made by another member and had a certain person completely bash her for not talking about cornsnakes.
At times that has almost chased me off of here a few times. I know this is a cornsnake forum and many of the forums here is dedicated to Cornsnakes. I feel no reason to slam someone cause they talk about another type of snake or animal.
Quote:
Look at Tula's boa thread from last month and you'll see just how well those of us who aren't complete corn fanatics get treated more often...
I remember that and it was a shame.

Quote:
how I've escaped their wrath, I don't know...but I'm a rare case of a boid lover accepted here.
Actually you are not supposed to know this but the Angry Mob will be showing up at your place during Halloween with Torches and Pitchforks.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #13
jazzgeek
Face it, gang....

....we've been pwnd.

You can argue until you're blue in the face about the room "topic" - which, let's face it, is as fluid and changing as any other chatroom - but Rich's point regarding the civility, or lack thereof, is valid.

The Fauna (non "_CS") chatters have the right to bring up boas in a corn room as much as we have the right to talk about food, Monty Python and Mel Brooks movie quotes, cats, dogs, sports, and sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. We can respond, run away to a self-created room, not respond, or outright ignore.

IMO, the dynamic from chat dovetails pretty well with Dean's "controversial" thread about responding to newbies. If the "interloper" is sincere, has a decent command of the language, and is civil, they'll have a greater chance of getting a response to their inquiry. If they're asking in chatspeak or leetspeak, asking a question so basic that can easily be researched themselves, or generally are bringing attitude and/or baggage, they'll be responded to in kind.

As one who is sometimes guilty of it himself, I think we're starting to develop a Hatfield/McCoy mentality of "_CS" and Fauna chatters. We could lose that, and still make it enjoyable for all parties.

regards,
jazz

Old 09-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #14
Drizzt80
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jazzgeek again.

I forgot to add in my previous post that in no way do I condone the language that Joe_jo used.

D80

Old 09-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #15
Billybobob
Somewhat off topic...

First off I am glad that some one finally reported the ridiculous behavior that goes on in chat with the "chat clique".

Now I really had to think about posting this in this thread, Because I know that I will be offending a lot of the people in the "chat clique". But as I have said before "I do not care what a bunch of people on the internet think about me".

The type of behavior that happened in that chat log happens all the time on the forums here. I would call it trolling and have called it trolling in this thread:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=315221

People in chat were talking about that thread and then they go to it and started to post in very rude ways. They were trying goad me into a heated argument that might have gotten me banned and as soon as I called them on it they stopped.

Read the thread that I linked, in it do you see the similarities to that chat log? I sure do.

Just like in that thread I am sure people will be talking about this post in chat tonight, but they will not be trolling because they know Rich Z will be reading this thread.

OK I have said what I wanted to say, Rich, make your own judgements. And to everyone else (especially the "chat clique"), I could care less what you think about this post.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #16
JM :o)
well~ look what happens when I miss chat one night~

WHO went crying to Rich?? I suspect I know~ and that wasn't very bright. Leave Rich alone~ he has enough to do without coming in here to patrol our stupid bickering like it's a schoolyard.

As long as the topic has been brought up though~ I'd like to go ahead and add my complaint. I'm getting tired of the whole elitist attitude too. I like chat~ I have a lot of fun in there (so much fun that I missed chat yesterday cuz I was nursing a hangover from drinking and chatting too much on Saturday night!) We hardly ever stay on topic. THATS what makes chat fun. If all I could talk about was Cornsnakes it would get boring mighty fast. But I like the cornsnake people~ I like the people who hang out in the cornsnake chat room~ and thats where I want to go to relax. And in case anyone missed it~ I do chat about whatever crosses my mind in there~ AND SO DO YOU! Thats WHY it's fun. Thats WHY so many of us are in there.......AND thats why people from other rooms come in and want to join our party. We are having fun~ there are lot of us in there~ sometimes there are 4 or 5 different conversations happening ALL AT THE SAME TIME~ I love it! If I get bored with the topic I'm discussing~ I just jump right into another topic! Sometimes we get a troll~ or a very annoying individual. Thats life. Just ignore the really annoying ones. Thats what I do~ and some of you may recall how badly it annoyed the last one I ignored! (I couldn't push the ignore button~ it was too much fun watching her have fits that I would not admit I could see what she was typing!)

I like chat. Don't mess it up for us. Leave Rich alone or he'll come down on us like the schoolyard brats we are acting like~ and take away the toy everyone wants to play with.

Now~ everyone back in the sandbox~ there has to be a completely off topic discussion we can have! See y'all later in chat!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #17
Sparda
I don't post here often, and I don't ever go into the chat room. But I think that Rich was right and has very valid points. I will also say that I agree with quite of few of the posters here, Billybobob, Drizzt80, and jazzgeek, pretty much summed up how I feel. The reason I don't post here that often is the "clique" mentality of the members...if you are not "in" you aren't crap. I have been a member for quite a while and have done alot of learning from this forum. It is a great forum to keep up with the latest and greatest in the corn world, but it is hard for some of us to "fit in". So basically I just sit back and read, look at the awesome pics that you all post, and sometimes post some of my own. It would be nice to be a part of the "in" crowd, but if I am not...no biggie...!!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #18
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMLReptiles
Look at Tula's boa thread from last month and you'll see just how well those of us who aren't complete corn fanatics get treated more often...
And in reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup
I remember that and it was a shame.
Not that anyone should give a rodent's gluteals about what disappoints me, but these two replies disappoint me. I was a major participant in the thread you reference, Chris, and I just re-read it to make sure my memory of it is accurate. It is. That thread was a discussion-- sometimes heated, but never really ugly. How you two compare that thread with the contents of this chat log is way beyond me.

There was nothing shameful about it, Jim. The only thing close to shameful in that thread was an off-color remark by the original poster for which she was temp-banned.

Go read the last post in that thread Chris. Your assessment then, when the thread was fresh, was very different from what you wrote in the post I quoted. Where's the mistreatment?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BillyBobob: I don't know about the whole "chat-clique" theory, man. I go in there occasionally, and I sure don't feel like part of any clique. Maybe there is one, and I'm just not part of it. Maybe they talk about me behind my back. But you know what? I'm an adult with more important things to worry about. I don't give an act of airbourne procreation about what happens in chat, whether I'm in the chat room or not. It's just chat.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #19
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
I find this hilarious!! It's okay for Cornsakes.com members to talk about any random topic at any random time, but it's not okay for somebody else to come in and talk about stuff. How childish. I only used Joe's quote but others have said much the same thing (In my best whiny voice) "But they're off-topic Rich." Give me a break.
Who in the hell is complaining that they're off topic? If people would bother to see the WHOLE picture and not just a snippet of a conversation, you'd see that. I, as with most of the people in chat, have no problems with off topic conversations. In fact, I could care less who's talking about off topic things because it's in a natural flow of chat.

What PISSES me off is when people come into the CORNSNAKES room thinking they own the joint and can just interrupt a conversation because they damn well please. That is absolutely ridiculous and I'm flabberghasted that you guys don't understand this.

Someone needs to explain how coming into the chat where a conversation is taking place and going:

HELLO DOES NE1 HERE HAVE TORTITOSES?!??

(no response in 10 seconds)

DOES NE1 HAVE NE TORTISOSES!?!?!?!

HELLO?!?!?!

Someone explain to how that is acceptable.

The reaction would be totally different if said person came into chat and said the following:

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if anyone here had any torts and could help me with a question I have?

I GUARANTEE you that that person would get an answer, instead of being ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D80
This IS directed at you Joe . . . SRSLY?! That's classy and courteous?! I would love to experience the princley behavior. I'd hate to see what happens when you're filled with good humor. Give me a break.

I may not have much room to talk because of my 'discussions' and such with the Vinster, but I can't believe what Rich posted in that Chatlog. I think Rich is right on the money with this one. Back to high school with the bunch of us eh?!

D80
Back to high school nothing.

When you come into a place and act like an ass, expect to be treated like one. This person came in, disrupted the chat that was going on, and then flipped out when he wasn't answered. Is someone REALLY going to defend this guy? Look at all that cussing, please, someone defend him.

People have gotten banned on this website for saying FAR less, and hell, I've been banned for calling someone a tard. This guy? He tells everyone that CS stands for c**k sucker, tells everyone to **** off and he's not banned from Fauna? What is that?

This crap happens just about every night.

Since we're showing snippets, here's another good one.

Quote:
RealChat Server Version 2.2.2a, Enterprise Edition
Welcome to the FaunaClassifieds Chat Room!

10 people in 9 rooms.
Taceas_CS entered the room.
You are in Cornsnakes.
There are 1 people in the room.

Cornsnakes [1] Taceas_CS,
No Tards [9] Serpwidgets_CS, Hurley_CS, jazzgeek_CS, Daeraelle_CS, Candy_Cane1_CS, Fenderplayer108_CS, shed_n_my_skin_CS, jzal8_CS, lefty_mussolini_CS,

Taceas_CS is going to No Tards
Taceas_CS entered the room.
You are in No Tards.
There are 10 people in the room.
Room owner: Serpwidgets_CS
lefty_mussolini_CS: LOL
jazzgeek_CS: Ooooh, and the sweat!
Candy_Cane1_CS: FLAMO
Serpwidgets_CS: LMAO @ Misty
Taceas_CS: Oook.
Serpwidgets_CS: WHat did you do already?
Taceas_CS: Beats the hell out of me.
Candy_Cane1_CS: Taceas_CS: that was odd :P
CARattler40_CS entered the room.
Taceas_CS: Got lagged to hell coming in here.
CARattler40_CS: Testing.
lefty_mussolini_CS: me too
Serpwidgets_CS: 1, 2, 3
CARattler40_CS: Heh.
jazzgeek_CS: wb Carlos who sucks at the internet where nothing happens
CARattler40_CS: LOL
CARattler40_CS: ty Dale.
Taceas_CS: So, I'm guessing we had some boa talk earlier?
CARattler40_CS: Of course.
Serpwidgets_CS: And leotards.
Taceas_CS: Usual suspects?
jazzgeek_CS: yeah
CARattler40_CS: Yup
Serpwidgets_CS: R_A and some other fauna person
jazzgeek_CS: 5 minutes to Wapner
CARattler40_CS: People who lacked the _CS at the end of their name.
Hurley_CS: Yeah
Taceas_CS: lol
lefty_mussolini_CS: did anyone see the guy the other day that asked what the most money any of us has sold a corn for?
CARattler40_CS: Yes.
Taceas_CS: No.
lefty_mussolini_CS: I told him Trundlefart Corn for 250,000
CARattler40_CS: I've seen the "what's the most expensive and popular corn morph nowadays?" question a million times.
Serpwidgets_CS: Heh, did everyone say 5 dorrar?
Hurley_CS: One hundred BILLION dollars.
Taceas_CS:
Taceas_CS: And agreed Carlos...I've seen it enough times already this year.
Candy_Cane1_CS: Hurley_CS: Is that rasom money?
jazzgeek_CS: I've got some het Trundlefarts that I'm gonna be selling cheap.
clarinet45 entered the room.
lefty_mussolini_CS: he said "I doubt that"
Serpwidgets_CS: LOL
CARattler40_CS: I'm getting sick of this lag.
clarinet45: why can't we talk about boas?
Serpwidgets_CS: Wasn't that a card game?
CARattler40_CS: 'cause Boas suck.
Daeraelle_CS has left the room.
Candy_Cane1_CS: Im not lagging at all o-o;
clarinet45: lol
lefty_mussolini_CS: and I said "I SWARE REED ABOWT IT IN TEH KATY MANULA!!!11"
clarinet45: what about beardies?
Taceas_CS: Preferrably not.
clarinet45: what about balls?
lefty_mussolini_CS: and then he left
CARattler40_CS: Balls suck.
Taceas_CS: What about the lobby?
Fenderplayer108_CS: lol lets go to the cornsnake forum to talk about boas
CARattler40_CS: #
lefty_mussolini_CS: Suck Balls?
clarinet45: is that why you don't have any? lol
Candy_Cane1_CS: XD
jazzgeek_CS: http://www.cafepress.com/cronsankes.72820826 <--------- I love this. I want this.
Serpwidgets_CS: BUUUUUURN!
clarinet45: this is the 'no tards' room, not the cornsnake room
CARattler40_CS: Why are you here then, Sara?
clarinet45: why are you so uptight about the cornsnake room anyway?
lefty_mussolini_CS: No Tards... sponsored by Corn Snakes
CARattler40_CS: Hey I think it's raining.
Taceas_CS: Because we don't like snobs.
jazzgeek_CS: why do you presume we're uptight?
Fenderplayer108_CS has left the room.
Taceas_CS: If you don't like it, you can leave the same way you came in.
clarinet45: cause i get a ton of ppl in the lobby telling me about this bitch Taceas that puts them down for being in the cornsnake room
Daeraelle_CS entered the room.
lefty_mussolini_CS: the Cron Sankes shirt is RAD
jazzgeek_CS: and when was the last time you heard someone say "uptight"? I think it was Season 2, episode 5 of "The Mod Squad" for me.
clarinet45: lol
Serpwidgets_CS: Dude if you came in here to fight with someone, you can go elsewhere.
CARattler40_CS: srsly.
clarinet45: i'm not fighting
lefty_mussolini_CS: buleeted?
clarinet45: i come in to talk to ppl and i get &*!@ing attacked
So look, Clarinet comes into a private chat room and what are the first words out of her mouth? "Why can't we talk about boas?"

I am sorry, but it's that same type of crap night and in night out....it gets old.

Maybe we were wrong to jump on Joe_Jo, but it's to be expected when you've had to deal with that same situation time and time again for a week and a half straight.

Another thing---if you guys haven't been in chat, I think it's a bit absurd that you're making judgement and generalizations about this. Come on into chat and see exactly what happens before coming to conclusions.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #20
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM :o)
WHO went crying to Rich?? I suspect I know~ and that wasn't very bright. Leave Rich alone~ he has enough to do without coming in here to patrol our stupid bickering like it's a schoolyard.
Well, it was me. I certainly wouldn't call it 'crying to Rich', more like I was just following a certain post that I read a while back.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
But I am sure you all know that I want to know about any problems that do crop up in the future. No matter who they originate from. I don't want to become involved in petty person to person squabbles, but anything that affects the chat system and everyone having a good time using it, yes, that is my business to know about.
I thought Joe_Jo was causing a problem and affecting the chat system and everyone having a good time. Who knows what I was thinking....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread