• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What do you think?

Neil

Right, I have two options- which one is the best?

1. Get my new snakes from a breeder who has a very limited stock and not very many morphs to choose from but has cheap postage
  2. Go to a reptile show at the end of next month with no gaurantee that there will even be any corn snakes (but I could check)
    [/list=1]

Option #2

Option #1 sounds like it might be there for a while. So, opt for number two, then, if you don't see what you like, go back to option #1. If you take option #1, now, you risk spending the money you will wish you had, if you see something later at the show.

Please send a check, cash, or money order in the amount of $2.00 (US) to me for my for my two cents. Thank you. :D

option 2 for certain...

one: it's a pretty safe bet there will be some corn-snakes there, given the time of year.

two: buying online and selecting a breeder based on "cheap postage" might not be the best idea.... If they don't charge you for a good insulated box and a cold-pack you aren't likely to get them, and the few dollars extra is worth it sincee you are asking them to ship a living creature... you want them to do it right! (Sorry, I'll get down off the soap box now!)

:D

^Curtis

I have to agree with Curtis & Gregg on this one. CHeap postage is no way to go about deciding a breeder for what you want. Better to take your chances at the show first and then if you come home empty handed you can opt for option #1.

Oh no no no no no

I'm not judging the breeder purely because the postage price is good- he is actually a GOOD breeder- www.ecorep.co.uk
I'm going to see which morphs he still has available first and how much he charges for them. If I decide not to purchase from him then I'll go to the show- all on my own boohoo. If I buy from Ecorep I won't be kicking myself when I get to the show because I won't go- I might not be able to make it there anyway- afterall, I can't drive.

Up north, eh? Well, the show is in Redditch in the West Midlands on the 29th of September. It's open to IHS members only but you can join by then for £15 a year. It's really worth it. The more people who join, the more secure our hobby is.

You can get more info by clicking on the link to the IHS in my signature and then clicking on ''National Breeders' Meetings'' and some more info on joing by clicking ''Membership''

Back