CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

how to start off breeding . . . .

Old 06-17-2002, 12:48 PM   #1
kris (UK)
how to start off breeding . . . .

Hi everyone . . .i was just wondering, what are the exact steps of breeding cornsnakes succesfully, how do you 'cool' a cornsnake, how long for ect... ect... I am a complete novice to snake breeding and would be greatful for someone to give me a detailed reply. I am not planning to breed yet, as my snake is only young and i have not yet been keeping cornsnakes for very long, but if i know what i need to do it will come in handy for later on when i am ready to breed . . . thank-you

Old 06-17-2002, 04:12 PM   #2
Colleen
I'm in the same place as you are, new to snakes and interested in breeding in afew years. I would suggest reading all of the posts on this forum, yes from the beginning, which was in March. I got sooo much info. from them. The mistakes and the triumps! Then get the Corn Snake Manual by Bill and Kathy Love. It is an invaluable tool for all Corn info.and it has an entire section devoted to breeding. I'm sure that you'll still have questions as I do, but between these two resourses many of the basic question are answeared, and you get a lot of practical advice on here. sounds a little preechy!! Well please don't take it like that, this is just what I did!! I'm sure when the time comes there will be many little things that I will frantically be asking about but at least I will have the basic info. down!!

Hope this is helpful!

Colleen

Old 06-17-2002, 10:46 PM   #3
Jr Nimeskern
I too am in need of info on how to breed corns... but I wouldnt think it would be all that hard... I think its pretty self explanitory... I just need help on how to hatch them from the eggs!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google