CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Almost ready! Hatch! Hatch! Hatch!

Old 07-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #21
LauRuffian
Ah. Here I was getting all excited. Is there much chance of successful breeding if I put my new pair together now?

And it's day 61 and nothin'. Le sigh.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #22
Nanci
It doesn't hurt to try!

Old 07-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #23
LauRuffian
Indeed! The male is starting to go blue, but the female is active and normal. I know if *she* were blue I should wait until she was done shedding, but does it matter to the male? If not I'll put her in there with him for 10-15min today.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #24
Nanci
Males will usually breed when they are blue. Also- keep an eye on the female whose eggs you are waiting for. They generally lay a second clutch, if they are going to, right when the first clutch hatches.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #25
LauRuffian
They definitely acknowledged each other's existence, but that's it. Kamalah surprised me doing the twitchy dance as in the past, only our breeding male did that. But from what I've read, females do it too. What does it communicate? Is it "Back off!" or "Heyyyy baby, I'm in the mood." Our breeding male always seemed to use it as the latter, but Kammie seemed to use it as the former.

Cloudy-visioned Keagan says, "Is that a girl?"

Kamalah says, "Wow, big place you've got here." Keagan says, "Where'd she go?"

Old 07-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #26
LauRuffian
(I only kept the together 10-15min, observing the whole time. Might try again later today or tomorrow.)

Old 07-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #27
Nanci
Be careful putting them together on aspen. It can get stuck on hemipenes. And then sucked in. I wouldn't do it.

Usually, if she's in the mood, she will say yes in 15 minutes. I wouldn't try again for a week.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #28
Flea886
Anything yet?

Old 07-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #29
LauRuffian
No! Jerks.

( )

Old 07-31-2014, 03:34 PM   #30
LauRuffian
OH COME ON ALREADY

They still
L

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google