CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Show off all your nonsnake babies!

Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
LauRuffian
Show off all your nonsnake babies!

I see in the signatures we have many animal interests beyond snakes (although I love looking at the noncorn snake pics too!), so I thought I'd start a thread where we can all share pics of our other animals.

Of course, I'll start. Outside of our snakes, we have:

Our sweet rescue dog, Lucy, who appears to be mostly rat terrier (with maybe some dachsund). She was abandoned at a middle of nowhere gas station and was living behind the dumpster for a few weeks, fed leftover fried chicken by the station manager. She was utterly terrified when we got her, but now, just four months later, is a very happy part of our family.

Rescue kitty Floyd, adopted two years ago from an animal shelter that rescued him off the streets. Friendly and already neutered, we think he was abandoned.

Ancient boss-kitty Mija, who we took in as our own when she was found starving and wandering around a friend's house when she was 6mos old. Now 14, she is QUEEN OF THE CASTLE. Here, she "helps" teacher hubby with his grading. (Of course, she had to lie down on the UNgraded pile.)

We also have an emperor scorpion, Norman:

Finally, there are our horses. These are my big babies! Love them so!

First is CP Trilogy, a retired show horse who was part of the breeding/training/showing program at nearby Cal Poly Pomona (thus the CP in his name). When he was retired from showing (at the "ripe" age of 10--about 30 in human years, heh), he needed a new home and we were chosen to be it. Mr. Fancy Pants Showhorse is a BIG goofball and giant klutz.

You can see his fancypants photo shoot from his showing days at this link:
http://www.csupomona.edu/~equine/gallery/cp_trilogy/

Now contrast that to this guy:

Finally, there is Firefly, our 15yro miniature horse mare. She is my boys' beloved companion and more recently as my health has made riding inadvisable, my driving horse. She is QUEEN and all other horses bow down to her...and let her steal their food.

Here's she's looking over at my friend's Clydes, I'm sure telling them loud and clear who the biggest horse in the ring REALLY is. (The one on the left LOVES her--and the one on the right, at first, was TERRIFIED of her! )

Now share--it's YOUR turn!

Old 07-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
HVani
This is my little rescue

Eevee. Her owner passed away from cancer. A month or so before her death she took Eevee to the shelter and told them to find her a good home. A local rescue picked her up not long after that. She got bounced around a bit before we got her. She had some healthy issues that were tough to diagnose. Turns out her pancreas does not function correctly.
Now she's healthy and a whirlwind of fun and fur! We just started training for flyball

Otherwise I have fish

65 gallon reef

15 gallon freshwater shrimp tank. A bit of an algae farm honestly

Old 07-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
LauRuffian
Aww, Eevee is adorable! What a pretty, lucky girl. And your reef tank is gorgeous!

I forgot about our fish, Milo and Otis. Milo is an albino oscar; Otis is a tiger oscar (not pictured is Fezzik, our catfish, and Squirmy, the pleco). Forgive their undersized tank; we planned all along to use proceeds from this year's clutch to buy a new, larger one, but they grew faster than I expected! I had oscars as a teenager and they did not grow this quickly. The clear ruler on the side is to measure their growth--they were about 1 1/2" when we bought them.

We also have a small outdoor pond with a turtle (red eared slider) and some goldfish, but I don't have pics of them.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
LauRuffian
Oh, and FTR, the tank is too small for them but not as small as this pic shows--it's a 45gal. They need a good 90+gal.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
HVani
Sweet oscars!

Thanks! Eevee is a trouble maker. I imagine you know this as well but if you want a little chaos in your life add a terrier. They are tons of fun though.

Someday I hope to have a horse. It is a dream of mine. I'm a city girl though and I haven't been around horses a lot.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
Jtmatsumoto
My little Yorkie Shih Tzu named Bandit cause when we first brought him home he started stealing socks and has ever since. He just turned 8 last month!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
albertagirl
easy one!

I can't seem to get a good picture of my snakes to save my life! But since I had at one time ran into a photographer who couldn't get enough of my dogs, I have a TON of GREAT pictures of them! Here are just a few of the more recent...
The black and tan is Gracie, a rottie X mastiff X godknowswhat who was dropped off out in the country side about 6 months after christmas. (happens every year.) The grey merle is Dexter, an oversized border collie X of some sort found wandering around with 2 littermates, all with porcupine quills sticking out of them. And the miniature pinscher is Bodie. He was rescued when someone went to get a deceased person's "couple of dogs" and found a puppy mill with about 40 breeding adults of various breeds.

Name:  Gracie resize.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  107.0 KB

Name:  bodie resized.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  117.8 KB

Name:  dexter resize.jpg
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  3 resized.jpg
Size:  109.2 KB

Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
albertagirl
Eevee, Lucy, and Bandit are so cute, I wanna steal them!! Or maybe just trade in for one of my bigger dogs who shed (and drool) like NO TOMORROW!!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #9
AliCat37
My Grizz! He is a GSDxChow mixed with Akita and border collie. I just say GSDxChow to make it easy though!

Here he is with his best friend Keyni, who I wish I could take home, but he belongs to the sanctuary I volunteer at. One day I will get Grizz a better friend than the cats he lives with now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #10
Rigby & Marcy
I have 4 each of cats, dogs and snakes. I volunteer at a cat shelter and my cats are all from there over the course of 11 years. I've also fostered three litters of kittens for them - so much fun!

I got Dixie as a foster, feral and pregnant. She had 8 kittens! They were wonderful kittens and all found great homes.

It took six months to tame her. Now she's a sucky baby. She fit in so well we kept her.

Arwen is our snake-sitter

Spud & Daisy

Mittens & Maggie playing some classic SMB3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google