• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What kind of snow?

Popcorn715

I posted a cell phone pic of my daughter's snow a few days ago and several commented on his pattern. He was sold to us as a pink snow motley, but his belly (which I forgot to take a pic of unfortunately) has light gray checkers.

It's just out of curiosity, but I managed to get some better pics today (thanks for the tip on covering him for a few minutes!) and wondered if anyone else would like to weigh in.

ytavyqu7.jpg

va4yny2u.jpg

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

You know, that almost looks like an opal to me but I don't think it is one. It could probably be called a coral snow, due to the coral coloration. It's stunningly beautiful.

This guide might help -

Snow+Corn+Snake+Hatchlings.jpg

I've seen that, but I honestly can't tell which one he most looks like. He's also actually about a year old...not a hatching if it matters. He was still quite small when we got him in April though. Today he was 31g which is about double what he was in May when we got a scale.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

But I'm not thinking it's a snow....there is some distinct purples on the saddles....(lavender gene) and I'm seeing some peach....if the peachy saddles were more...greenish I'd say bubblegum snow...sooo with all that said, I'm leaning towards opal...there also doesn't appear to be enough white between the saddles to be a straight "snow"...

However, there's a possibility that it might be a Salmon Snow...which if it was sold as a "high pink snow" would make sense....also belly checkers = not motley - poss. het for motley...

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/salmon_snow/?sid=9270294c0c82b9344e29e354d219c0c2

Only time will tell for sure unless the breeder was aware of the genetics....Regardless he/she is adorable!!!

(amel+anery=snow), (amel+lavender=opal)

I can definitely see opal being a possibility. I can tell you it is not a motley. No matter if it is a snow or opal it is an amazing snake with great borders. Please keep the pictures coming on this kid.

Pink Coral Salmon Snows go through a lot of color changes as they age. If you get tired of how it looks, just wait til the next shed. i think it's too early to call it. Other than. A pretty snow.

Slightly pink snows from certain lines sometimes are said to be "visually het" for whatever line (more specifically the set of genes or factors) they are from/carry. When bred to another corn from the same "pink" line (and sometimes even to other ones...confused yet?) it can look like the pink colors have "doubled up" or more. I think it's a pretty snow, and possibly is from a line known to throw "pink" snows. Figuring out what line it may (or may not be) is what makes breeding colorful snows fun ;) Whats weird is it is kinda "opalish" looking, as mentioned...Maybe from a "pastel" background? ;*)

It's been a while but I got a pretty nice picture of Popcorn the other day and thought about this thread. He's almost 3 now and his color hasn't really changed a whole lot. His borders do look pretty green sometimes.
49736fd7dc9756fd8d24e6866bfdaa6b.jpg

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Very pretty girl!!! I love the snows but if I keep buying every morph I fall in love with I will have an entire house full and my boyfriend would probably kill me!!

Nicole

Very pretty girl!!! I love the snows but if I keep buying every morph I fall in love with I will have an entire house full and my boyfriend would probably kill me!!

Nicole
Thank you! Although Popcorn is very pink, he's actually a boy [emoji3]

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Back