• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my new cornsnake

DonnaGee

He was shipped on Thursday for a Friday delivery; but, he did not get delivered until Saturday. He is being kept in a temporary enclosure using a Sterlite container with a locking lid. My son drilled holes in the lid.

The breeder sent my a picture that was taken a day or two before she shipped him. She was calling him Jacinth; but, I'm considering different names. His hatch date was June 16th; so, he's two months old today. He stays hidden most of the day; but, is pretty active when I get up at 6 AM and then he comes out again around 8 PM. He crawls all over the container when he is not in his tube. I attached the picture of the baby snake. I reduced the pixels; but, the size is still pretty big.

There is a ledge around the inside of the perimeter of the container, that he manages to get to and he will crawl around the perimeter, above the floor of the container.

The breeder told me that I could use a large Kritter Keeper temporarily; but, Sterlite containers are more readily availabie. I looked up the dimensions of a large Kritter Keeper and found a container that is close to the same size; but, might be a little taller.

Everything I've read in books or online recommends keeping the snake in the enclosure for several days without any interaction. In her book, Kathy Love recommends three full days and nights. But, I've read that it could take as much as a week. I think tomorrow is a good time to offer him a pinkie.

Here are some name ideas: Jacinth (as the breeder called him), Jake, Sammy, Jace, Jason, or SammyJace. Any other ideas?

Hello and welcome to the joy of corn snakes. Is your new buddy settled in and feeding well now? Have you chosen a name?

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Hi Caryl, He has been settling in fairly well. He's been eating pretty good. He shed his skin today. It's the first shed since he's been living here.

I have not decided on a name yet. I've been calling him Baby Snake; but, that's probably not going to work when he's no longer a baby.

Congrats on his getting settled and shed. That's excellent! Far be it from me to sneer at Baby Snake as a possible name choice. There's a cat at my house whose name was supposed to be Nonsense. Every time my husband saw the fuzzy little kitten, he exclaimed, "Awww, da baby!" Of course the cat thought his name was Baby. He's now 11 years old....rofl

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Back