• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Two new arrivals today. 1.1 Trans Pecos ratsnakes

I'm really loving these, especially the male! He is super docile and chill. Loves my hair and will sit on my head, calmly enjoying the view for up to an hour at a time. Which is what he is doing at this moment.

male%20suboc2_zpsezht0yvi.jpg

They are Bogertophis subocularis, A.K.A Trans Pecos ratsnakes, A.K.A subocs. These are Axanthic (recessive color morph, also called Silver) and Blonde, a recessive pattern morph that has a bit of a hypo effect.

They have the rep of being super docile and calm, which they sure seem to be living up to! By pure temperament, they are actually a better starter snake than even corns. But they get bigger than corns, have smaller clutches with bigger eggs and are orders of magnitude harder to get eating, at all and especially on F/T, which are some of the reasons why they aren't much seen. Though they are also just underrated.

They are Bogertophis subocularis, A.K.A Trans Pecos ratsnakes, A.K.A subocs. These are Axanthic (recessive color morph, also called Silver) and Blonde, a recessive pattern morph that has a bit of a hypo effect.

They have the rep of being super docile and calm, which they sure seem to be living up to! By pure temperament, they are actually a better starter snake than even corns. But they get bigger than corns, have smaller clutches with bigger eggs and are orders of magnitude harder to get eating, at all and especially on F/T, which are some of the reasons why they aren't much seen. Though they are also just underrated.

Are you UK based or us this a USA forum ?

I'm based in the USA. There probably are breeders in the UK but I don't know of any.

Hard to say, we've got people from all over. I'd say that it's probably predominantly USA based but England and Germany is probably the close run second up.

...and the fact that they are not quite as easy to breed as corns. When I bred my first silvers several years ago I remember them not timing as easy as my kings and corns.

Wow.. they are beautiful though... but yeah Imma stick to corns.. maybe when I get a house.. for now I am done with adding snakes.. lol

Picture overload, sorry. Took a ton of rapid fire to try and catch a tongue shot but I'm constitutionally incapable of deleting any picture that isn't totally horrible.

Male Silver Blonde Trans Pecos rat snake. I love those silver buggy eyes!

DSC_6933_zpstwrhdxer.jpg

DSC_6934_zps89szwa2s.jpg

DSC_6937_zps6qzt3ubz.jpg

DSC_6936_zpssgndfwkg.jpg

DSC_6939_zps1wsyjygv.jpg

DSC_6940_zps2wyceohe.jpg

DSC_6941_zps1eibtdrj.jpg

DSC_6942_zps9iuyoy6u.jpg

DSC_6943_zpsinauljie.jpg

DSC_6944_zpsr29kuhui.jpg

DSC_6945_zpscyv7ydo8.jpg

DSC_6946_zpshtkzj8rk.jpg

Was doing some chores in the reptile room late at night two days ago and decided to get Echo out for a little photo shoot. Lighting was terrible. But she then sat on my head and supervised the rest of my chores.

Taken indoors with flash 5/22/16.

DSC_7053_zpseomksuoq.jpg

DSC_7054_zpsk0n1xcog.jpg

DSC_7055_zpsjlgqlgt5.jpg

DSC_7056_zps4kzqikcu.jpg

DSC_7057_zpsg3mpqvxn.jpg

DSC_7058_zps7d8jkv3b.jpg

DSC_7059_zpss8zpdogj.jpg

DSC_7060_zpsldgmsqmm.jpg

DSC_7061_zps1cm2iovp.jpg

DSC_7062_zpsqwepatx5.jpg

DSC_7063_zpsvgppica5.jpg

DSC_7064_zps8cg0nvsg.jpg

Echo helped in the reptile room again last night, for awhile and then 'Lando came out and directed things from the top of my head. Only got pictures of Echo though.
Taken indoors with flash 6/20/16.

DSC_8313_zps8ywb8fmj.jpg

DSC_8314_zpsbhzyuyfg.jpg

They are really pretty. It took me about 5 Picts to realize that they have round pupils instead of slits. It's very different and quite becoming.bhow did you discover all these different snakes?

They are really pretty. It took me about 5 Picts to realize that they have round pupils instead of slits. It's very different and quite becoming.bhow did you discover all these different snakes?

Thanks!

Forums. Forums are evil places for feeding addictions! And reptile classifieds sites ...

I wanted a new pet 8 years ago, researched a red eared slider because I had the chance to get one, decided that was too much for me to take care of but thinking about reptiles made me remember a great show on the Discovery Channel I'd watched as a child about what great pets corn snakes were, they came in 9 different color morphs! To show you how long ago that was ... But so I started looking into them online, found this site and many others and decided to get a corn after a few weeks of looking into it. Got one and then decided to actually join this site since I was using it so much. This was the first forum I ever joined.

Then I saw everyone posting pictures of all the really awesome morphs and needed more corns and I became fascinated with the genetics and wanted to breed, down the road... and then other members here would post their other species and then I'd have to go look into the care and husbandry of those or I'd be on Fauna or kingsnake and see the neat different species ... I actually enjoy and spent/spend hours learning about most all of the different reptiles, especially any I have the least interest in possibly getting, this helps as I'm at least somewhat prepared anytime I have an unexpected chance to get one of the species I like, knowing generally what they need.

I hadn't uploaded video in 3 years but took one and uploaded it the other day and it was a much more painless process than I remembered!

So decided to play a bit more with that type of media and used Orlando today, he's gotten much bigger in the last month!

Back