CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

New Pit owner (Northern Pine Snake)

Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #11
Lovin2act
Thanks Alan!! I am really stoked on him!!

And no I did not know that! Very cool!!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #12
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijin View Post
Well, I finally joined the ranks of the proud Pit owners here with my purchase of a Northern Pine snake this weekend. Hopefully I can add a Black pine in the near future. Any tips for a good Black Pine breeder?

hey is this a 2010?
It is a nice looking snake. I would also get a mate for this one as well. Get a nice one with good contrast, Greyish white with black.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #13
Seijin
It is a 2009. There was a nice looking 2008 female as well from the same breeder. I may pick her up next month if she is still there. But of course, there was that luecistic pine that may win me over, it will be a tough decision.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #14
Lovin2act
Leucy pines are my other fayvs so I feel you there!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
Seijin
Received my black pine from Russ P. this morning. I'll post some photos later after giving him a few days to de-stress. He sure is a spirited little fellow, does nothing but hiss and strike if you just look cross eyed at him. I'm hoping he will calm down after a few days and with some regular handling.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #16
tricksterpup
Quote:
Received my black pine from Russ P. this morning. I'll post some photos later after giving him a few days to de-stress. He sure is a spirited little fellow, does nothing but hiss and strike if you just look cross eyed at him. I'm hoping he will calm down after a few days and with some regular handling.
Oh that is great, that means you got a good natured snake. They are young so let them be hissy. This is natural for the species. As they get older work with them. But for now, just ignore it.
LOL as the owner of 16 pits, I think one that shows its display like that is healthy. When they do not, I am worried.
And by the way, its going to take more than a few days. lol It took me a year to get my big girl Selu to puppy dog tame stage. She was one of my favorites.

I personally say go for the pair, get a nice breeding pair there at your place and next year try to get a female black pine. I would try some new blood from someone else. I know Jim from Homegrown herps offers them as well.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
Lovin2act
Quote:
Yep mine is the same way except for when I am handling him. He actually turns into a big ol sweety once I have him in my hands and let him feel like he is directing his own movements. But as soon as I put him down he turns into demon snake again haha! I am sure yours will be fine and as was stated above, when they are young that is their nature. Adulthood tends to soften their attitudes immensely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google