• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Classifieds

Twolunger

I wish more Corn owners would take advantage of the classified section to sell Corns that are surplus to their needs, or no longer fit their breeding plans. I noticed that members and non-members check the Corns for sale section daily, including me. A friend asked me what I need, and my reply was that I don't really need anything, but if I see a picture of a Corn that I like, and could add to my breeding plans, I'll buy it. Breeding season is here, or will be soon for many of us, so if you have an adult, sub-adult that you no longer need, post it and perhaps he/she will help one of us to fill a need in our breeding plans.

Most of that has has moved to Facebook, both through classified groups as well as strategic posting in the bigger discussion groups. There is also FaunaClassifieds.com which is also run by the owner of this board, as well as kingsnake.com.

I know what you are saying, and I've purchased snakes from Kingsnake, and Fauna for many years, and now IHerp. My point is that THIS forum has a section for sales and there are members and guests watching daily for available Corns. So if our fellow members have snakes available for sale why not support this forum first? I don't mind if they post sales elsewhere too, but let's support this forum before it's gone. I look at the moderator for each part of the forum and the only name left is Nanci. God bless her efforts.

I am remiss in not thanking those members who do make hatchlings and surplus Corns available. I love to view the pictures and see the results of their breeding efforts.

Ack! Never thought I'd regret deleting my facebook....... I wondered where everybody was finding all their cool snakes!

FB is the Devil! Unfortunately it does seem to be where everyone is going to, despite it's many drawbacks.
I sell most of my animals through there, then Fauna, some locally and only a few through here. Stinks, because the people left on this forum tend to be very pleasent to deal with and I'm always very happy about the homes my babies go to with the members here ...

Well, when I retired, I decided to keep this site running because I thought the members still wanted it to stick around for the information content and contact with other fellow members, even though I no longer had any direct involvement with corn snakes any longer. But if that proves to be an incorrect assumption on my part, then oh well, I guess this site goes into retirement as well.

As I have mentioned before, use it or lose it. The fate of this site is squarely in YOUR hands. This certainly would not be the first website to go away because the membership abandoned it. If all everyone really wants from the internet is what Facebook will give them, then so be it.

Anyway, you will know when the site is going bye-bye when you see the statistics at the bottom of the main page showing that everyone has stopped coming here. At that point, what would be the point of keeping it running?

I would hate to see this site go away. This site was the reason I first decided to get a corn snake, and it was the source of 4 of my corn snakes. Like the OP, I'm on here every day hoping to see something new and interesting to become available. You don't know it Rich but I thank you every day for keeping this site around. Hopefully it will be around for a long time to come and hopefully it will return to its previous glory.

I would hate to see this site go away. This site was the reason I first decided to get a corn snake, and it was the source of 4 of my corn snakes. Like the OP, I'm on here every day hoping to see something new and interesting to become available. You don't know it Rich but I thank you every day for keeping this site around. Hopefully it will be around for a long time to come and hopefully it will return to its previous glory.

Then you all will need to make an effort to keep it here. Don't just wait for someone else to post something of interest. Do it yourself. And REPLY to those posts that others make. That is what this site needs if you want it to be here 2 years from now.

EVERYONE likes to see photos, so break out your camera and post some pics. Can't hurt, but can definitely help.

This is the first place I post snakes for sale, breeding projects, and such. I currently still have snakes available.
I have switched to a graveyard schedule and have been busy with dog training stuff. I haven't been active on any of the online sites lately, and with my schedule right now, I probably won't have any clutches this year.

Next year, however, I will be test breeding a few possible Super/homo Tessera's that I have been raising up, from a Tessera X Tessera pairing I did. By then, things should be settled into place, and I will be posting threads with the breeding projects, hopefully proving some of them as Super/homo Tessera's.

I prefer this site to FB for a number of reasons, I just haven't had much time for anything online lately.

I agree with the points made. I liked selling snakes when it was to people I knew (from here) and I was posting ads here. I don't like or fit in with Facebook classifieds, and so never advertise snakes for sale. I have a whole clutch I need to photograph and list.

And then, since I have babies hanging on from last year, I don't feel like breeding till they are out of the house, so I haven't bred this year yet. I miss the confidence of babies selling that I used to have.

I never joined Facebook and seldom visit the site unless directed there by a Corn breeder who wants me to see something in particular there. When I want to purchase a snake I'm not going to wade through post after post, ads galore, and Facebook trying to get me to log on. All I want to know is what is for sale, hopefully a current picture, the genetic background, and a price. I used to spend my time visiting snake websites, but now most of them are woefully out of date. I searched a few last week and one said it was last updated in 2013. Another was showing hatchlings from 2014 in the available section, and several I've searched had nothing available at all. You can quickly see the advantage of a forum specific to the kind of snake you keep, a sale section with current availability, and snake breeders that you can trust.

If you're not actively using FB, you're not going to see any advantage to it. It's a lot less useful for buying unless you're ridiculously active and have a lot of contacts and know what they're producing. In those cases, knowing the right breeders is more advantageous than anything else. Selling on FB can be pretty easy though, and dropping a nice photo in a busy group is just about as effective as buying an ad.

Back