CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Official Thread For Obtaining Growth/Size Data for Corns

Old 04-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #31
LinguiniDreams
Even if your data isn't complete, I'd still love to graph it! As we get more snakes on here, I'll put the graph up on a website where we can get to the interactive copy (you can zoom in/out, turn snakes on/off, etc). As long as you have accurate hatch dates, even if you've only got one or two points of data for your snake, it will still be helpful. Further, we don't have any data on snakes > ~250g or > ~500 days old. If anyone has data on corns outside this range, it will help us get a better idea of what to expect. Thanks again to all those who posted, and to those who plan to post their data!

Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #32
Dragonling
The date at the top that says "Aug 2015" is supposed to be 8/18/2015.

If you want, you can pull weight data from my iHerp (link in my signature below). I believe I've made tracking public for all of my animals now.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #33
LinguiniDreams
This info looks great, thanks a lot! Do you know the hatch dates for these snakes so we've got some age reference? I see most of them started at 6g so that seems at least very close to their hatch dates, not sure how much they weigh when born. With Delta, it's harder to tell unless you've got a hatch date.

Didn't know about iHerp! Just signed up, really cool stuff. I don't see many people keeping good weight records, but I'm going to keep looking and see if there's helpful data on here I can work with. I don't see a link to your profile, though, if you post that I'll check out your iHerp page as well. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #34
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinguiniDreams View Post
This info looks great, thanks a lot! Do you know the hatch dates for these snakes so we've got some age reference? I see most of them started at 6g so that seems at least very close to their hatch dates, not sure how much they weigh when born. With Delta, it's harder to tell unless you've got a hatch date.

Didn't know about iHerp! Just signed up, really cool stuff. I don't see many people keeping good weight records, but I'm going to keep looking and see if there's helpful data on here I can work with. I don't see a link to your profile, though, if you post that I'll check out your iHerp page as well. Thanks!
If the hatch date is known, it should be on their individual iHerp page. For Nova I assume first week of September approximately, but I never got a specific date. Tibalt would have been around the middle or end of August, since Don had a late season last year. The rest came as subadults and adults with no other info than the morph and sex, so I tend to assume most are probably mid-July babies.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #35
LinguiniDreams
I've rendered a new chart with the additional info. The only one I didn't add was Delta, because I didn't see a birth date on iHerp. I'm curious if you could tell us more about Nova? That's the lowest line I've charted so far and seems like very slow to me, though I'm not expert! Perhaps you can shed some light on that. I'll work to get this chart up on a website where you can see it full-size very soon! For now, I posted 2 pictures of the same data. The only difference is the colors, in the hopes that if you can't make out which snake is which line on one graph because of the colors (they're randomly generated, sorry if they overlap!), then you can look at the alternate color version and hopefully figure it out. Cheers!

Old 04-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #36
Dragonling
Nova is a weird little outlier. She has had a few regurges, but otherwise has eaten fairly well, but just hasn't put on much in the way of growth. She struggled to handle appropriate-sized prey for a while, which probably set her back greatly. Her growth rate seems to be normalizing now, and she is over 70g eating small hoppers. I have been bad about recording weights lately.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #37
LinguiniDreams
Great, thanks for the details! I'm sure someone will find it helpful. I was very curious myself as my snake, Abby, is the next-smallest on the graph behind Nova. Glad to hear Nova is doing well!

Old 04-16-2017, 07:13 PM   #38
Karl_Mcknight
"Rufus" Growth Chart

Just spotted this thread so I figured I'd add my info as well, for what it's worth.

I'm not real good at making computer charts and spread sheets but I do keep Feeding, Shedding, Pooping, and Length and Weight charts by hand in a folder. So I took a few minutes to write and post:

Rufus - Male, Stripe. D.O.B. (not exactly sure. I acquired him in June of 2015, and was told at the time he was about 2 -1/2 months old. So I have assigned a birth date of April 1 2015 just for lack of knowing.

It was around the end of July that I began keeping records and weighing him on a regular basis.

7/30/15 - 43 grams, 18 1/2 inches long
9/1/15 - 61 grams, 20 inches long
11/1/15 - 84 grams, 22 inches long
12/6/15 - 107 grams, 24 inches long
1/29/16 - 127 grams, 26 inches long
2/27/16 - 148 grams, 28 inches long
3/30/16 - 171 grams, 29 1/2 inches long
5/5/16 - 204 grams, 32 inches long
6/30/16 - 229 grams, 34 inches long
8/2/16 - 255 grams, 36 inches long
9/3/16 - 275 grams, 38 inches long
10/19/16 - 296 grams, 39 inches long
11/28/16 - 318 grams, 40 1/2 inches long
12/30/16 - 339 grams, 42 inches long
1/29/17 - 359 grams, 43 1/2 inches long
2/21/17 - 370 grams, 44 inches long
3/30/17 - 391 grams, 45 inches long
4/15/17 - 401 grams, 45 1/2 inches long

* I always try to do my weighing after he poops so that I am weighing actual growth and not necessarily growth + poop.
* Feedings were always based on mice weighing 10% to 13% of the snake's weight. Up to the time he broke the
300 gram barrier, and from this point forth he gets a 30 gram mouse. (or equivalent). He was fed weekly up to
300 grams. At that time I went to a 10 day schedule and will follow that until he hits 450 grams, and after that he will be
fed every 14 days.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #39
jet_set_willy
If the pics are too big or difficult to read let me know and you can have the excel file

Growth chart 1 by Bryan OHara, on Flickr

Growth chart 2 by Bryan OHara, on Flickr

Growth chart 3 by Bryan OHara, on Flickr

Old 04-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #40
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinguiniDreams View Post
Great, thanks for the details! I'm sure someone will find it helpful. I was very curious myself as my snake, Abby, is the next-smallest on the graph behind Nova. Glad to hear Nova is doing well!
Once she was able to keep fuzzies down, she seemed to gain weight very quickly. I'm not sure which of my most recent weights is correct...two days ago she was 87, and today 95? I fed her 5 days ago. She should have been heavier before! But she is looking quite blue right now, so perhaps she drank a lot of water or something. Chances are good my scale was just unbalanced one or both times. I'll try and get a more accurate weight again after she sheds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
size, weight