CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Hatching hoggies

Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #11
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
They're amel. Or albino as hognose people like to call them, I guess. At the bottom of the photo you can see one's head beside a normal.
Ehh...semantics. Both terms are the proper word for the inability to produce melanin pigment.

Now that I don't have to go through the BS of importation permits (stupid NM Dept G&F) by living in TX I may have to finally pick up a few more hoggies. The better half loves em.

Those guys look like beefy little things.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #12
Chip
Well, one term is proper, when speaking of reptiles, but yeah, it is semantics.

They are always the most fun snakes in your collection. Such a crazy range of personalities! Yeah, they all seem to be hatching out really big, so hopefully they have enough weight to sustain them until they all eat.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #13
ratsncorns
I have to say that out of my entire collection, my male hognose has the most personality! He looks right at me and I just wonder what's going through his mind. I would love to get a female one day, not to breed but just because. There is something to be said about the female version of a hoggie.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #14
Chip
The males and females are almost like different species. The females are at least three times the size, and typically much more mellow. I have very few males that are ravenous eaters, all my girls are. Conversely, most of my males are crazy hissers, the females might give out a short one, and then just want to see if I have food for them. The babies can be a PITA, no two ways about it, but they're worth it.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #15
Tavia
Congrats on the hatchlings! I've promised myself an amel male hog baby at some point, one of the few hog morphs I like that the price can be justified for a non breeding pet. I'd kind of like to try a female, just to see the difference in personalities but then the temptation to try breeding them might be too great and I really don't want to mess with picky eaters.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:56 AM   #16
Chromatic Corns
These adorable!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google