CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wind Serpents 2017 Planned Pairings

Old 03-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #11
Dragonling
We've gotten a few more locks over the last few weeks, including one that was not originally planned but I'd been considering since last year.

Sierra and India both laid last year without being bred, and I suspect they both may do the same. I went ahead and paired Sierra up with Mikaeus in the hopes it might be easier to pass viable eggs, since she struggled a bit to pass the slugs last year. This fact makes me still strongly consider putting Tango and India together, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to house 6 full clutches even temporarily should they all be unexpectedly prolific. We'll see.

Pardon the laundry pile...lol.

London has accepted her two suitors immediately following her second shed for the year. She bred in April last year so I'm quite pleased to see her receptive so soon. I didn't catch the lock with Tango unfortunately. He was having a bit of trouble with...aim. I left them alone for an hour and came back to fresh evidence though, so I'm certain he got the job done.

At this point, Avacyn is my only holdout, though she is in what I assume is a pre-ovulation shed at the moment. I had been putting her with Mikaeus until I noticed a couple days ago that her eyes had gone milky. It's so hard to tell with pale morphs. Mikaeus has gotten a little rough lately, but hopefully after this shed she will cooperate and he can return to being a gentleman. Little jerk!

Old 03-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #12
Dragonling
An hour after she shed, she was ready to go. We got a second lock tonight.

Aaaand that concludes my pairing for the season. Expecting eggs in about two weeks from Delta. All of my girls are about a week or so apart from each other, so we should have a steady stream of laying and then hatching. I need to finish building my incubator!!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #13
DollysMom
That's quite a "love bite"!

Congrats. Looks like they are getting with the program.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #14
Dragonling
First batch of eggs went in the incubator last night! These are from Delta x Tango.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #15
Dragonling
Looks like Akiri wants to compete with her downstairs neighbor...she laid 23 eggs last night on day 32, though only about 10 look possibly viable. Considering last year's slug-fest, the outcome of this clutch may say a lot about Foxtrot's fertility.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #16
Dragonling
Unfortunately, Avacyn has completely slugged out for the second year in a row. If she starts eating again quickly, I may entertain the thought of trying one more time this year. I am also considering pairing up London again for a second shot at eggs, as she only had a few possibly viable eggs.

Total viable count right now:

Delta - 13
Akiri - 10
Sierra - 17
London - 2

Clutch photos on FB: https://www.facebook.com/windserpent...45839088975216

Old 05-22-2017, 12:51 AM   #17
Dragonling
Oops, got a little busy there. Delta (buf tessera) was paired up with Charlie (strawberry plasma het topaz phet amel) for a double clutch, and laid 13 nice looking eggs. Two clutches have hatched (though one baby is still chilling in its egg as I type).

Foxtrot x Akiri (peach hypo lavender x sunkissed) gave the following offspring:
1 motley het hypo orchid
2 normal het hypo orchid phet motley
4 hypo het orchid phet motley

This means we've proven that Fox is at least het motley, and Akiri is also het motley and hypo. I was hoping for lavender, but I'll take it!

I haven't tallied up the final morph count for Tango x Delta, but we got a surprising number that are amel as well as quite a few tesseras! Happy to see Delta's phet amel proved out. We will have to wait until the first shed to be able to determine which of the babies are carrying the buf gene. Until then, here's a cluster shot I took this morning.

This could be the world's first masque habanero (cayenne amel buf) tessera!

Old 05-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #18
Dragonling
Four more emerged overnight, with one left to go. The other two from Akiri's clutch finally pipped as well, much to my relief. They were the farthest from the heating element, and I suspect that may have had something to do with their late emergence.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #19
DollysMom
Congrats. They are beautiful!

Old 05-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #20
phillim494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Oops, got a little busy there. Delta (buf tessera) was paired up with Charlie (strawberry plasma het topaz phet amel) for a double clutch, and laid 13 nice looking eggs. Two clutches have hatched (though one baby is still chilling in its egg as I type).

Foxtrot x Akiri (peach hypo lavender x sunkissed) gave the following offspring:

1 motley het hypo orchid

2 normal het hypo orchid phet motley

4 hypo het orchid phet motley

This means we've proven that Fox is at least het motley, and Akiri is also het motley and hypo. I was hoping for lavender, but I'll take it!

I haven't tallied up the final morph count for Tango x Delta, but we got a surprising number that are amel as well as quite a few tesseras! Happy to see Delta's phet amel proved out. We will have to wait until the first shed to be able to determine which of the babies are carrying the buf gene. Until then, here's a cluster shot I took this morning.

This could be the world's first masque habanero (cayenne amel buf) tessera!

What's the morph in the 2nd pic?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google