CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

eggs leaking

Old 04-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
marjanna
eggs leaking

hello...
three days ago my female of 6 years old layed 18 eggs that looked hypocalcified. today i opened the incubator and saw 3 of them leaking.
i post some photos and i wish somebody can advise me on what to do to save them if possible.
the green thing that is on these eggs is not mold.
thank you in advance

Old 04-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
Dragonling
I don't know if they can be saved, really. I had two eggs leak and ultimately pass last year, but they were late developers to begin with. I always suspected they might have survived if I hadn't separated the eggs, so I have been leaving mine clumped this year, but it's possible they would never have survived to begin with.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
daddio207
They all appear infertile. No saving if they were never viable in the first place.
No harm letting them incubate another week just to be sure. I've had infertile eggs that looked better than fertile!

Old 04-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
marjanna
some of the others started to have veins so there are viable. maybe the photo is not that good. i separated the leaking ones so the others wont be affected and i will see as days pass. thank you very much

Old 04-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #5
Nanci
I feel like I remember someone patching leaking eggs with paper towel. The thing that worries me more, though is the green spot in the one egg. I wonder if that indicates embryo death, which we would normally not be able to see, but since your eggs have that snowflake calcification, they are more lucent.

I don't ever separate eggs, and even if there are some that aren't adhered to the pile, I place them back as they were when originally laid. I realize people say you can/should? do it, and they claim it's safe if you do it right away. I disagree.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:28 AM   #6
marjanna
i didnt separate them. they werent in a pile from the begin. they just start leaking one by one every day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google