CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple Pet Supply?

Old 03-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
luvzebra3
Anyone else have trouble with Big Apple Pet Supply?

I recently ordered a UTH from Big Apple Pet Supply. I placed the heat mat under my new enclosure and went to turn it on and the switch would not move. They made me pay to ship it back and then accused me of putting glue into the switch!!! I couldn't believe it! Why on earth would I put glue into the switch? Especially since that would mean I couldn't put my snake into her new enclosure! That is how they sent it to me! Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service - so beware! They will ship you faulty products, then charge you to replace it and then accuse you of breaking it!

Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
airenlow
I've never had a problem with their products or service. Sorry this happened to you!

PS. Check out the 4 line signature rule.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
gelshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
PS. Check out the 4 line signature rule.
I thought the rule didnt apply to people that wanted to have more than 4 lines?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
Nanci
I had a sort of problem once with a thermometer. The display didn't work with the back attached. So I returned it (can't remember who paid shipping, but probably me) and the guy was like, well, all you have to do is leave the back off and it will work! But I didn't _want_ to have to leave the back off, and they sent me another. Now, I have about a million of the same thermometer and have found it's just easier to leave the back off...But still- I wasn't super-pleased with customer service at that time.

If you read BOI over at Fauna Classified, you will see that they get complaints about live animal sales.

And please reduce your signature to 4 lines or less- it's a rule Rich has for us.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
luvzebra3
yea, they originally told me that if it was stuck in the low setting it would be fine because I shouldn't need any other setting! I said I live in Chicago and during the winter I actually have them on the high position so it was unacceptable.
Sorry about the signature - never heard of such a thing - I deleted all of it.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Nanci
(All you have to do about the signature is put more things on one line, or use a smaller font- believe me- it hurt when I finally had too many snakes to fit them all into four lines, color-coded, with names and sexes!!)

I would recommend either a ZooMed UTH or an ExoTerra Desert UTH, (look on eBay) and the Alife Thermostat from The Bean Farm, under $30, very reliable. If you need a cheap solution.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
luvzebra3
Spoke to Steve the owner of Big Apple yesterday ( he called me on a Sunday!) - he was great ! He had no idea this was happening and apologized. He agreed it was not handled well and he verified that a credit was given (hadn't shown up on my bank statement yet).He saw that I was a good client of his and even gave me a credit to use later.
Lesson: go to Steve if you have any issues with his company! I am sorry it came to this.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
Outcast
Didn't I see a BOI on this very topic?
I have used Big Apple Herp Supply for 1 thing and it still works great. It was 36in Collapsible Snake Tongs.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:24 AM   #9
Zzzz
Thumbs down Rotton apple

Warning: Sorry, but this site does not support Board of Inquiry style postings. Please take your complaint to the Board of Inquiry on FaunaClassifieds.com.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:04 AM   #10
Nanci
Good thing you paid with PayPal...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google