CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Calling All Lurkers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #13
Twolunger
I have an amel tessera also. Sold to me as a candy cane tessera by a breeder who sold all her snakes, so I'll wait to see how she develops. I only keep hatchlings on paper towel until they are about 18 inches long. I use aspen shavings for the older corns. There's a lot of difference in available aspen, shavings, shredded aspen, and aspen chunks. I only use shavings, and I let the dust and small particles settle to the bottom of the bag and just use that in my flowers. I have used Care Fresh in the past, and the gray original product was a bit dusty. I've heard they have a white version now, but both are costly when you clean the corn containers weekly like I do. I have read that Care Fresh may cause a desiccant type of problem for snakes, but I didn't notice that when I used it.