CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

WOW.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
redneck
WOW.

So i fed my amel today and i guess i went to put her back in the viv to soon, she arched her head up hissed and rattled her tail up on the feeding box it was loud the tail hitting the box made me jump lol it sounded as if i had a rattler in my room. So now im wondering how long should i wait to take her out of her feeding box after her meal is done?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Corny Noob
I usually wait at least 10-15 minutes, or whenever the snakes start cruising their feeding container, which ever comes first.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
redneck
i lost track of time but it had been wandering around the box for awhile. ill make sure i wait that long next time thanks

Old 02-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
PAIN
I usually take mine out after they start cruising around. Just like what Nooby said

Old 02-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
MerlinsPop
Mine are all pretty used to getting put back once the lump hits the stomach. I don't pick them up, usually - unless it ate in my hand and is there already - I just gently slide them out of the feeding tub and back into their bins.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
Mr.AJ
I either slide them out of the tub or just leave the tub in the viv with the top off to let him come out when he wants.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
mdrews
I was kind of concerned about Simon diveloping this behavour so I have a tea towel that I put on my lap and with him in hand I wiggle the pinky only a couple inches away!He usually keeps 3/4 of himself on my hand.When he does wander off my hand I just keep them flat in his direction and haven't had a problem getting him back yet.good luck and I'm sure things will calm down eventually!oh, how old is you little one?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
redneck
She's 4ft long and the box i feed in dosn't fit in the tank otherwise i would just let her get out on her own.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
Nanci
Nice! Two of three babies bit me today during feeding. All it takes is one jostle of the tub on the way back to the viv to set them off! Luckily, I can't feel it- they are too small! Big Jake can scare me when I go to put him back, though. He'll body slam the side of the feeding bin, though he's never gone after me. I like to give him a LONG TIME to settle down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google