CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: How many corn snakes do you have?
1 268 46.21%
2-4 158 27.24%
5-8 46 7.93%
8-more 108 18.62%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

One pissed off corn snake

Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #41
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Cornsnakes are a lot like boy friends
(Leave it, leave it...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCOSNAKEMOM
I haven't been on in awhile what are the silver coins with the snake near your avatars about?
You get the silver coin when you become a contributing member. Best $25 I ever spent! Aside from supporting the site, I now get to edit my posts and correct typos- which I HATED having.

Nanci

Old 04-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #42
phoolishcactus
Yeah, baby snakes are just scared, that's all. You need to handle it more. Don't be startled, just pick it up, hold it for a while. If it calms down that's good if it tries to get away let it hide in the crook of your arm or bury it's head in your pocket. The more contact with you the more it will tame down. I have a bunch of babies right now and most of them are pretty flighty, some will just sit in my hand while most try to get away.
I would say your tank is too big for the snake. My babies are in half gallon size "Gladware" containers. The year old ones are in the plastic shoe box size containers. Really, the size of your cage could be your problem.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #43
moonwalker
1 out if my four babies i just bought can do that "rattle" funny thing is its the nice one i tried to pic his food up and move it to him and he rattle and stuck me it was really funny because like i said this is the nice snake.....but its like that when there babies after a while of holding them they get use to it and when they get older they will be calmer so my advice for you is to keep on holding it till it comes around

Old 05-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #44
Nomed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fateamber
Yesterday i was feeding Akasha and it was the first time i got her to strike at the food it startled me so much i just couldn't understand how my sweet little snake could become so violent!
aww I love that name if my baby was a girl i would have named him that. I like the way it sounds and teh fact it means spirit :]

Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #45
Jimmyman28
Not reading any of this, and just answering the question I can never really say I've had one of my snakes strike at me.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #46
ixcounterfeitxi
I dont think people have clued in as to how old this thread is yet.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #47
Seakat
I think the 70 gallon tank is a too large, the 20 gallon tankswill be quite cozy for your snake. I would also recommend the tee shirt in the tank to get the snake used to your smell. Make sure you have plenty of hide places and the temp on your hotside substrate should be about 80 degrees. What are you using for bedding? ---How old is this snake and how much and how often are you feeding it? The reason while I am asking is because I got got a rescue snake that is 2 years old and spooked very easily. He was not fed properly and was only 54 grams when I got him. The other owner did not feed him because he used to strike at her and she only fed him pinkie a week.My thoughts is that he was hungry and would strike at anything. He is doing well and has had 2 sheads and gained 20 grams. He is still a little spooked when I reach in after him. I do not handle him for 2 days after a meal, but the other days he gets what my husband and I call "people therapy". Where we both handle him and make sure he get lots of attention, even if he seems to not want it.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #48
Seakat
So it has been a few months since the original post...how is it going with the snakie????

Old 07-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #49
Meeghann
It hasn't been a few months, its been a few YEARS since the original post 2003 lol!

Old 07-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #50
Seakat
I missed that one..sry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google