• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OW! I just accidently did something horrible

but as a sole pet held in captivity they do no harm.

That's the cop-out everyone who commits something they see as a minor or insignificant crime uses. The only problem its not just one "sole pet" is it... What if 10 people have the same viewpoint as you ? That's 10 "Sole pets".... maybe 50? That's 50 sole pets... Quickly add's up doesn't it.

Its just the typical "Oh well one more isn't going to hurt" attitude that allows people to persuade themselves that what they're doing isn't wrong and its just a way of making yourself feel less responsible about your own actions.

I know if i had an illegal animal no matter how harmless i believed owning it to be i certainly wouldn't be advertising that fact on a public forum. Especially not if i was facing a heft fine. The internet isn't anonymous.

Guys, he came here for help. Some of us helped him, some of us are berating him for doing something illegal or immoral.

He's aware of the risks and penalties and was aware of them when he got the snake. If he's caught, it's his prerogative, not ours.

He came here for advice and was helped. Let's not turn this into an attack.

:uhoh: Discussion of keeping illegal exotics is not an attack. The OP got the advice they wanted, and a little extra.

Like I said, I don't think this will change the OP's mind, but maybe someone else who's thinking of aquiring an illegal exotic will read this, and think twice. That's all I hope to accomplish.

I'm just honestly curious about the situation :shrugs:

I bought it from a breeder. Corns are common around here anyone can get one if they needed. There will ALWAYS be a big market for exotic animals, nobody can stop it.

I simply wanted a corn as my first snake because I know they're much more friendly and calm. I had the option to get a native sure but my breeder recommended I grab the corn.

PS. To the guy who said the internet was not anonymous, I think you need to do a bit of research on proxy servers :eek1:

I'm afraid that if they want to find you they will. The internet was never intended to be a secret place.........
MIKE

Sure, but I am not worried at this in the least. If I were I would have putten my location as USA or somewhere. A lot of unregulated happens on the internet. Not to sound bigoted or anything but say, if I were to get caught my only concern would be the inability to get a reptile licence, not the fine.

Why are you using a proxy if you're not worried about getting caught?

I'm not worried about getting caught BECAUSE I'm using a proxy.. Quit flaming.

My snakes tail is looking normal, can't really tell if there is any damage which I guess there isn't. He is sleeping at the moment. Hopefully he'll be right by tomorrows feeding.

I'm not worried about getting caught BECAUSE I'm using a proxy.. Quit flaming.

My snakes tail is looking normal, can't really tell if there is any damage which I guess there isn't. He is sleeping at the moment. Hopefully he'll be right by tomorrows feeding.

Hey is'nt that what matters, that your snake is O.K. :dancer:

PS. To the guy who said the internet was not anonymous, I think you need to do a bit of research on proxy servers :eek1:

Yes. Because proxy servers are infallable. I do not need to research proxy servers, I run a small IT services company including (but not limited to) consultancy on internet security.

Im assuming you did not setup a proxy server network yourself simply to post here, therefore i must assume your using an anonymous proxy server run by a 3rd party. These are not infallible, infact your just at risk by using these are you are posting directly from your normal IP. You have no control over the information stored on the servers, Which can include - But is not limited to usernames/passwords and any personal information transmitted via this link. The servers can also, and in most cases do store your client details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server#Risks_of_using_anonymous_proxy_servers

Also, at some point it can be guarantee'd you will post some form of information that can be used to identify you. Be it an innocent link to your photobucket account, recording your original IP or for example, posting on a glider forum without using your "Proxy server".

:shrugs:

On another snake forum one member did turn another in to fish and wildlife, who then came to her door and investigated her.
I'm sorry I'm on the side of you shouldn't have your corn snake and no explanation can justify it. Besides the reason you named your snake and blantantly telling us you are breaking the law, this is a family forum. What message are you sending???

Bottom fact is, I am not breaking rules by posting in here and you have no means to flame me in a thread which I am asking for help in.

If you do not agree with me owning a corn snake then you can simply hit alt+f4 and your trouble will be gone. I love my corn and I wouldn't take any advice given otherwise to give it up. I am also going to make sure I never lose the little guy. I am sure there is no harm in me owning a corn snake in the location I am in, even if it were to go AWOL.

Susang I made a joke about the name of my snake, sorry if you don't have any sense of humor.

Australia has a laid back kind of lifestlye, we don't judge people for what they do and we treat everyone as our own family. Right now I am not seeing a family atmosphere presented to me. Some people in this thread are being complete a**holes, c'mon you're seriously actually threatening to narc on me?

I am honestly disgusted.

What are you talking about, my family yells at me all the time when they think I am doing something they disapprove of XD

Regardless of the circumstances regarding the10thplanet's ownership of his corn snake, he will have to deal with any penalty if he is caught, he comes to this forum to gain information to help with taking care of his snake.

Even if you disagree with his ownership, it is in the best interest of the snake to help him when he has a question.

I am glad things turned out ok for Forky and his tail.

Bottom fact is, I am not breaking rules by posting in here and you have no means to flame me in a thread which I am asking for help in.

No ones threatened to "Narc" on you. Nor has anyone said you posting here is against the rules, Or flamed you. Simply disagreeing with you is NOT flaming you.

If you do not agree with me owning a corn snake then you can simply hit alt+f4 and your trouble will be gone. I love my corn and I wouldn't take any advice given otherwise to give it up. I am also going to make sure I never lose the little guy. I am sure there is no harm in me owning a corn snake in the location I am in, even if it were to go AWOL.

This is a public forum. It's a place not only to look for advice, But to also discuss others opinions and beliefs. Including, but not limited to their opinion regarding another user partaking in illegal activities no matter how minor they may be perceived to be. If you do not wish people to speak negatively about your actions, Don't post about them. Your not the only person on here to own an illegal snake, you are however the only one who's made (Frankly rubbish) excuses as to why its ok for you to have one instead of just accepting responsibility for your choice of pet and any negativity this incurs.

Australia has a laid back kind of lifestlye, we don't judge people for what they do
ORLY?.
Some people in this thread are being complete a**holes
I am honestly disgusted.
Sounds pretty judgemental to me.

Also, no ones questioned how much you "love" your snake or that you will take proper care with it. However we do have to, and are entitled to ask what you would do should the animal require veterinary attention. Taking an animal to a breeder for health advice is not the same as taking it to the vets. What if it needs medication? What if it needs surgery? What if it mysteriously dies through no obvious cause - you can't get a post mortem done so will not know if the reason for death is contagious and can be passed onto other snakes (INCLUDING WILD ONES.)

I was interested when I read that licences are available, why not get one?
And the breeder is he illegal as well,or has he a licence?
MIKE

Back