• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Disappearing Shed

Delightedly

Snarky Sneaky Snakey
I KNOW he shed today... I just don't know what happened to it.
I dug for quite a while, but can't find it.

Could he have eaten it?

That is possible, but I doubt it.

After they go blue, they will have a 2-3 day "clear" period before they shed.

If your snake was in blue and looks normal today, look for the shed in a couple of days.

We actually passed that amount of days. He's no longer going in his wet hide either. He's abandoned it to sleep on his vines.

Did you actually see the snake shed or did you just noticed that it's looking brightly colored again? Like Rich said, it's probably just went from blue to clear and it'll be a few days before shedding.

There was a report of a corn eating it's shed because it had some king blood in it... might be the case or he will either shed in the next couple of days.

. . . And the cornsnakes.com word of the day is keratophagy. However, this condition (shed-eating) is rare in snakes and usually occurs only when a shed comes into contact with prey.

110%
Most of the serious scale damage is gone. There's no other way that it could have gone. There were scales going the wrong direction in patches down his sides. Everything is the right direction now, and he underwent serious color change (the damage made him gray for the past month in a few places).

. . . And the cornsnakes.com word of the day is keratophagy. However, this condition (shed-eating) is rare in snakes and usually occurs only when a shed comes into contact with prey.
I dunno. He constricts his mice sometimes and usually just swallows them whole... but i always feed in a different container.

Back