CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Scaleless Corns

Old 10-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #41
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
That link is not working for me. Now I'm curious.
remove the apostrophe from the end of the link .It will work then.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #42
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
remove the apostrophe from the end of the link .It will work then.
Thanks, Aaron. I tried that...but at the wrong place. Now I have it.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #43
Outcast
I know if I had that little guy, I may have to try my hand at breeding scaleless hogs... Though I would probably not do it for a long time. At least until I have my facility up and running... Which will take exactly.... well I don't know how long it will take, because I don't have a job and I have to finish college before I can get my own house in order to build a snake hut....lol

Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #44
Reptilekyle64
I like that its a eastern

Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #45
ceduke
SCALELESS HOGNOSES OMG! *Explode*

I've been wanting to get into scaleless for some time, but the prices hold me back. Maybe someday. I'd love to get some from Graham!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:35 AM   #46
Kuzco
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
I just wanted to correct that statement- many people look to these forums for accurate information.....
You are 100% correct here and I apologize for that. I should of said that it was a major defensive in PREVENTING infection. But I am woefully ignorant on the subject of scaleless and just giving my 2 pennies on the topic.

I invite one and all to take anything said on a forum with a large table spoon of salt until verified by an expert. People shouldn't have to, it can be argued. But it's good practice anyways.

I can say I am interested in how you've breed the scales out of a snake as it's seems to of been done with many different type of snakes. I wouldn't imagine it just being one of those things that just happens once in a blue moon.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:24 AM   #47
desertanimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
The only differences I see between scaled and scaleless snakes so far is:

. . .

- I haven't had any shedding problems yet BUT I do provide a moist/semi-moist hide in all my colubrid cages... they do spend alot of time in it (and soak probably just as much or a tad more than regular snakes. (Scales help to hold in some moisture).
One could argue that keeping cornsnakes outside their naturally encountered range of humidity would be akin to keeping them without scales but within their naturally encountered range of humidity.

I don't give my snakes supplementary humidity and I live where it's <10% humidity in the winter. I have no problems. On rare occasion, I have a snake that gets a little shed stuck, but I have no trouble removing it with a little warm water. No one would argue that my snakes are suffering at low humidity. Therefore, I don't see why your snakes would suffer from what presents exactly the same physiological challenge as my low atmospheric humidity (more water loss resulting from no scales).

Old 10-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #48
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
Not totally off-topic, but Betsy, I have met at least one male and one female adult human (a couple of each, I think) with congenital atrichia/atrichosis in my life.
Well except for the hair on your head, and eyebrows and eyelashes- lucky!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google