CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Nasty Eastern Coachwhip

Old 07-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
BigJoe
Nasty Eastern Coachwhip

Found this guy while working out in the vineyard. Nastiest Coachwhip I have ever seen!! He even lunged straight at my goods while I was trying to get these pics. My 8 year old thought it was really funny. I did manage to get a few shots before he made a break for it down a Gopher Tortoise hole.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
He's a beauty! Even if he is nasty!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
MotleyMedusa7
nice pics! I really like the 3rd pic

Old 07-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
jasonb
Beautiful pics

Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
BigJoe
Thanks. These were taken with my Canon EOS 50D with my 70-200 2.8 L series lens.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
Nanci
I'd love to find one! I'd try to catch it, and take the bites!!

Old 07-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
BigJoe
I have caught a few in the past year. A baby that was surprisingly docile for a coachwhip, one was your normal coachwhip with an attitude, but this guy was just evil, lol. I see them often, they are just usually way to fast for me to catch.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
Nanci
I used to not be able to get anywhere near black racers, but I can catch them now :-)

Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
Sindrik8x
It's funny, it's like the snake is trying to go hard or something, lol. The mean looking face in the last pic says it all. I hear Michael Jackson's "Bad" playing in the background, haha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google