CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Only took 3 years to figure out when she's receptive

Old 02-01-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
Shiari
Only took 3 years to figure out when she's receptive

A few years ago I purchased a truly stunning proven sunkissed charcoal from gazer-free lines. The last 2 seasons I tried pairing her at the same time as all my other girls and she just wouldn't accept any of the males I tried on her. She shed last week so I decided to try throwing in my little virgin male with her just on a whim. And behold she wasn't actively rejecting him and while I didn't see the lock there was plenty of evidence left behind.

Hoping for charcoals het sunkissed diffused, and pewters het sunkissed.

I'm also curious to see how their different phenotypes interact because my pewter male is really strange. He's completely borderless and looks perpetually in shed. He also has dark edges to his belly scutes.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Nice! I look forward to seeing those babies!

Old 02-02-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
Twolunger
She's beautiful, and I hope the mating will be successful. I have had females reluctant to mate until I put them in with an aggressive male who wouldn't give up. Nature's way of trying to ensure survival of the fittest.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google