CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Jeuvenile Corn not eating. Not digesting mice??

Old 02-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
Hand Forged
Question Jeuvenile Corn not eating. Not digesting mice??

Hey there,

I have a 4 month old Corn that I bought as a hatching.

It took him a month before he ate his first meal. After that he consistently ate 1 frozen/thawed pinky mouse every 5-6 days.

BUT I noticed something ODD.

About 4 days after eating he would pass the poop. But it did not look very digested. The last one he passed still had discernible mouse features, nose, head, etc.

It's possible he is regurgitating them but I thought that was unlikely since they would show up 4 days after feeding.

The last time he fed was 4 weeks ago. I've tried every 6 days except for this week. I plan on letting him go an extra week just in case he was regurgitating.

He also has not shed since I bought him 4 months ago.

I bought 1 other hatchling at the same time. That snake has shed 3 times, eats consistently and is twice as big now. There is not difference between their care.

Temp is good, ambient temp is normal. Heat gradient is accurate. All checks out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-HF

Old 02-21-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
Shiari
Do you have any pictures of the actual snake? You should also take the snake to a reptile vet because this sounds like there is something truly wrong with the snake. Sometimes they don't form right inside and it can cause problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
feeding problem