CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

OMG what are those popping up?!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #31
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel View Post
I know I'm stuck to keeping all three of them.... what a bummer I must say though I'll have to be creative with vivs and make some difficult choices too, three adult snakes more then reckoned with ruins my housing plan quit heavily.
So send one to me!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #32
sciencechick
Those are super neat! Two in a clutch does sound odd, though I would assume that they were kept in very similar conditions so maybe you just hit some really strange zone that encouraged this.

I hope it doesn't negatively affect their health in any way. I really hope they make it, it will be cool to see how this develops. Lots of pics please

Old 06-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #33
SnakeAround
Maybe it is the specific herp breeder I used for that box of eggs!!!!! Honey, it shrunk the scales!

Robby, do you have some spare money then, like... let's say... a lot? hehe....

Old 06-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #34
Nanci
Don't you think it's odd that, if it _is_ incubation-related, that this hasn't popped up in any of the other million cornsnake clutches previously? I hope it's genetic.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #35
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Don't you think it's odd that, if it _is_ incubation-related, that this hasn't popped up in any of the other million cornsnake clutches previously? I hope it's genetic.
I agree, I just can't for the life of me see extra production of smaller scales being a result of incubation stress. But only time will tell!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #36
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Maybe it is the specific herp breeder I used for that box of eggs!!!!! Honey, it shrunk the scales!

Robby, do you have some spare money then, like... let's say... a lot? hehe....
Haha! Shipping probably would be a bit of a hassle.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #37
Reptileman81
Talking

Quote:
Pssst, Reptileman, don't tell them how they are made, you promised
Its cool you just better give me some money or I will tell them the rest of the recipe lol.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #38
sciencechick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
That was just a random guess from me. I haven't bred anything so it really was just a random though. I hope its genetic too, I don't know why I like these so much but I am really curious to see what is up with the little guys.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #39
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenziSixaxis View Post
Very interesting... cannot say I want one though, because of the inbreeding.
But all corns, except maybe verified wild-caught-from-different-location-bred together-offspring are inbred to some degree. All morphs, colour or pattern, have been inbred to reproduce the recessive genes. Specific looks such as candy cane are inbred and line-bred to perfect the polygenic traits.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #40
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencechick View Post
That was just a random guess from me. I haven't bred anything so it really was just a random though. I hope its genetic too, I don't know why I like these so much but I am really curious to see what is up with the little guys.
Not a bad guess, though. Doesn't it have to be one or the other??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google