CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Is this a ghost?

Old 08-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
TripleT
I think there's too many morphs

Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #22
Drizzt80
I say it's a Caramel. It looks more like a Caramel than any Ghost I have ever seen including the pictures Susan posted.

D80

Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #23
ghosthousecorns
It really doesn't look like a ghost to me either. Some few ghosts might look that way, but if I saw it for sale as a ghost I would be kinda skeptical unless I knew the breeder to be trustworthy. I've seen pastel ghosts, really peachy ones, and darker ones with a lot of black on them, but not all rolled in one and this snake just looks all wrong for a ghost to me. But I like and select for lighter colored ghosts anyway. What it looks like to me is a normal with some localty or other, the background color seems kind of metallic looking, maybe caramel or the Alabama corns already mentioned.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #24
Sweetseraph
Oi! Another contender!

Old 08-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #25
abell82
WOW! Such an amazing array of guesses. It is in my opinion very much a ghost. A nice ghost, but a ghost none the less. In my opinion, it does not have nearly enough yellow wash to the front half of it's body to be a Caramel.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 AM   #26
Wilko92
I think it's might be a Dilute Pastel (dilute, hypo and anery), as it's saddles are just too pink/orange in comparison to the body (which looks quite murky) to be a plain old ghost. Here's two examples of Dilute Pastels for comparison :

Compared to :

Though with such a murky colour it's difficult to ID XD What are the chances that the snake is coming up to shedding and thus the colours are dimmer/darker than normal?

Just my two cents

Old 08-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #27
Sweetseraph
Well, she wasn't in blue on Tuesday night, but I haven't bothered her since then to check. I have no idea when she even ate last or what schedule she's on. I'm erring on the side of caution and leaving her for 5-7 and then I'll feed her. She's a little on the skinny side and I know she's been alone since Saturday, so I feel comfortable feeding her asap.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted as to whether she's in shed or what the owner says she is. Very interesting anyways.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #28
Susan
I guess what we really need is more photos under various different lighting situations and with different backgrounds.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #29
Kevin S.
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it doesn't look like a ghost to me. I wouldn't rule out caramel, but my guess would be a simple regional variation of a normal corn.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #30
Crazy Colubrids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S. View Post
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it doesn't look like a ghost to me. I wouldn't rule out caramel, but my guess would be a simple regional variation of a normal corn.
I agree. It looks like a normal to me. It looks like an ugly Miami.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google