CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Need help ID-ing an orange and whiteish corn

Old 10-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #31
VickyChaiTea
Yay! I'm interested to see what the little snakey is.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #32
ShenziSixaxis
I'm thinking that when I saw her she was in shed, though. That DEFINITELY could have put me off, because she looks similar but different, and none of the other babies felt like they'd just shed (though two were in blue).

This is definitely her, but I'm quite certain she was in shed. Now I THINK she may be some sort of miami, but she still doesn't look right to me... especially all those perfect saddles.

Uploading a dozen or so pictures right now. I'm not sure I care what she is; I like her!

Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #33
ShenziSixaxis

Still a few more...

Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #34
ShenziSixaxis

Done!

...*is not sure how a random picture of her laptop got in there*

Old 10-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #35
ZoologyGirl
Hmmmm, mmm, I'm not really sure but I would guess hypo/crimson

If you look on ians vivarium, it's color at least is almost identical to the crimson hatchling photo on there.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #36
Floof
I vote for Hypo A. Maybe Ultramel, but, then, I'm not good at telling the difference between those two. At the very least, a hypo gene is definitely involved.

BTW, from what I understand, Crimson is just selectively bred Hypo A--bred to have little to no color on the background, much like Miamis and Candy Canes. Not their own genetically-based morph, and, without knowing its background (genetics and appearance of parents) you wouldn't know whether yours can be considered a Crimson or just a Hypo A until it grows into its colors more. Not sure if you're already aware of that, but no one has mentioned it so far...

Lovely snake, and congrats on the new addition. Better to take a chance and get the snake of your obsession than to risk passing it up... I once fell in LOVE with a gorgeous, brilliant red amel zagtec at Petsmart but didn't jump on it fast enough--s/he was gone by the time I decided to just buy her. I still look at the pictures I took of her the last time and regret not jumping on the opportunity.

(On that note, the employees didn't mind my taking pictures at all. It probably helped that I already had a good rep with the employees on duty as a total snake lady, but I also made it clear that I was taking pictures because I was interested in buying the snake and just wanted to get some other snake keepers' opinions beforehand.)

Old 10-12-2010, 02:39 AM   #37
ShenziSixaxis
Very nice corn! There's two corns (normal, I think, and an amel) at the same Petco with quite a bit of zig zag patterning.

And I have to ask... what the heck is a Hypo A? D:

Old 10-12-2010, 03:46 AM   #38
Floof
Yeah, I thought so, too... A shame someone else also thought so... lol. The worst part is, I saw her there for months before she was finally purchased, right before I could get her myself. There's Murphy for you, though, I guess! Those zig-zag patterns really are pretty. I bet the two at your Petco are lovely.

"Hypo A" is just plain Hypo. Since there's several Hypomelanism genes (just like there are several Anery genes), sometimes it's just clearer to say "Hypo A" than "Hypo" to make sure people know which hypo, specifically, you're talking about.

I decided to use "Hypo A" to be clear since I later mentioned that there was "a hypo gene" (no specific one out of the several that are known) involved. I didn't want there to be any confusion as to which Hypo I was referring to at the beginning.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #39
Susan
"Just" a hypo...and with more red in the saddle and less white in the ground color than some of the crimsons I posted.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #40
WingedSweetheart
This post is fun because it reminds me of my own pet shop snake. When I got her I thought she was just a normal. But then noticed her lack of black and did some digging around online and thought, "Oh I think she is a hypo." But now that she is a bit older her colors are changing and merging and now...? Got to love the mystery snakes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google