CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

religion and hybrids

Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
rich333
But... But... God.... IS an alien!!!!

When he (they) created man.... Was the first hybrid not created?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
Carpe Serpentis
One could certainly make a case that man is a hybrid, but one could also certainly make a case that Eve was the first clone experiment seeing that she was made from Adam's rib. Some may even believe that the anunnaki bred with us as well. Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens had to have evolved from some other species and as such I can certainly believe that we shared not only ancestors, but also a little bit of mixing back and forth. Human intergrades/hybrids....

Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #43
Kokopelli
As far as I'm aware, the matter of hybrids is mentioned in the bible and the concept is completely shunned.
Here we go...

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/t/k/k0319.htm

"בהמתך לא-תרביע כלאיים, שדך לא-תזרע כלאיים; ובגד כלאיים שעטנז, לא יעלה עליך"
Translation:
Do not breed or condone to hybrid mating, and something about not wearing clothes from hybrid origin or somesuch?

This is a rough translation... it's kind of OLD Hebrew :P

Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #44
Carpe Serpentis
Keep my decrees.Do not mate different kinds of animals.Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.Leveticus 19:19

One must understand what a kind is though to understand this passage. To understand that, one must understand a bit about baraminologoy see picture above. One must also realize that there are lumpers and splitters.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #45
Kokopelli
forcing logic into outdated verses is, at best, a wild guess at the original intention of the writer.
So... those who believe in the bible and so forth, can make their own logic as to how things fit together... but to present said logic as though it's obvious fact, well... that's really reaching.

Understanding evolution and creation of species is not necessary to understand a verse from the new or old testament. The word of the letter is explicit and straight-forward... adding all sorts of explanations is just twisting and "making adjustments", which may or may not sit with the original intention of the writer.
AKA, guessing.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #46
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
forcing logic into outdated verses is, at best, a wild guess at the original intention of the writer.
So... those who believe in the bible and so forth, can make their own logic as to how things fit together... but to present said logic as though it's obvious fact, well... that's really reaching.

Understanding evolution and creation of species is not necessary to understand a verse from the new or old testament. The word of the letter is explicit and straight-forward... adding all sorts of explanations is just twisting and "making adjustments", which may or may not sit with the original intention of the writer.
AKA, guessing.
I'd have to argue with all the different interpretations of the bible, kinds of bibles, sects, etc... that a great many interpret things differently from one another... that there is a lot of guessing. As for the intentions of the many writers of the bible....

Old 05-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #47
Carpe Serpentis
As for your comment about trying to force logic out of those verses written by so many different authors.... that would be a serious undertaking to do in earnest.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #48
Kokopelli
"One must understand what a kind is though to understand this passage. To understand that, one must understand a bit about baraminologoy see picture above. One must also realize that there are lumpers and splitters."

This is you stating that scientific knowledge is required to understand a verse from the new testament.
As I recall organized religion and the church VERY much opposed Darwin's theory of evolution, and now to state that science is -required- to really understand a verse is, to me, illogical.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #49
beautifullywild77
Round and Round the mulberry bush! Circle talking talking circle.

One must hit ones head against ones wall to understand ones ranting. Headaches are given to oneself and one have given up on ones babble.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #50
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
"One must understand what a kind is though to understand this passage. To understand that, one must understand a bit about baraminologoy see picture above. One must also realize that there are lumpers and splitters."

This is you stating that scientific knowledge is required to understand a verse from the new testament.
As I recall organized religion and the church VERY much opposed Darwin's theory of evolution, and now to state that science is -required- to really understand a verse is, to me, illogical.
Baraminology is creationist science... aka as Christian Science aka Pseudo Science. This is the science that christians use to explain how we have so much diversity from the original kinds that god.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google