CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

How pure must a corn be to be truely pure?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #51
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannyB View Post
How about you go find them and ask them!
How about you provide proof of the claim?

I want to see evidence of it occurring in the wild.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #52
ChannyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
How about you provide proof of the claim?

I want to see evidence of it occurring in the wild.
How about you show me evidence that it does not?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #53
hikisquid
I'm wondering how those snakes would even be in the boogie-woogie mood after their hawk encounter. Maybe they'd stay up all night telling each other about their experience and then form a group for snakes that survived similar experiences.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #54
gelshark
Quote:
I think there's a bit of a difference in things that are genetically able to reproduce in nature and a pedophile CHOOSING to rape a child. Grow up.

I never said hybrids are wrong, only that the other poster's logic is wrong

He stated that if it can happen it is meant to happen

I disagree with that logic, that's all

I would appreciate it if you would take the time to understand what you read instead of react erroneously.

Thanks and have a great day!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
ChannyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikisquid View Post
I'm wondering how those snakes would even be in the boogie-woogie mood after their hawk encounter. Maybe they'd stay up all night telling each other about their experience and then form a group for snakes that survived similar experiences.
But then they might become so close that they resort to "doing it" all night long!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #56
beautifullywild77
Wow, some people resort to kindergarten tactics when their argument has no beef.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #57
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
How about you show me evidence that it does not?
I'm not saying it does not. I just want to see the proof that it does.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #58
hikisquid
It is possible that a corn and similar sized rat snake would mate in the wild, but only if their territories naturally overlap. Other than that though, I don't see it happening. I'm sure that the natural mating urges would not override the predator/prey urge in milk-corn breedings.
It's possible the pheremone signatures are too different to breed in the wild as well.

Chickadees and titmice are closely related in the wild, but I've never heard of or seen a hybrid between them

Old 05-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #59
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikisquid View Post
It is possible that a corn and similar sized rat snake would mate in the wild, but only if their territories naturally overlap. Other than that though, I don't see it happening. I'm sure that the natural mating urges would not override the predator/prey urge in milk-corn breedings.
It's possible the pheremone signatures are too different to breed in the wild as well.

Chickadees and titmice are closely related in the wild, but I've never heard of or seen a hybrid between them
Exactly, but those rat snake crosses are intergrades, not hybrids.

True genetic hybrids are exceedingly rare and nearly non existent in the wild.

The likelihood of a king/corn cross in the wild is an likely as a lottery win by an albino midget. LOL!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #60
hikisquid
Ooh, I learned something new!
I remember being on a camping trip as a teen and seeing a black ratsnake in the water, and then when hiking the next day I found a pretty cornsnake guarding a nest, always wondered if the rat was the daddy. XD

Are intergrades considered "hybrids" in the pure/hybrid debate then?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google