CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Weight Chart?

Old 12-23-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
Renigaed
Weight Chart?

Hi guys, is there such thing as a weight chart for corn snakes based on their age? I have a 2.5 year old male corn and I would love to find out if there's a chart out there that I can compare his weight to based on his age.

Thanks for your help!

Old 12-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
There is no way to predict the size of a corn snake anymore than you can predict the size of a person. Just as some kids are bigger than others, and some adults may be 4 feet tall and weigh 90 pounds and another adult may be 7 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds.

A full grown corn snake can be anywhere from 3 feet to 6 feet long and weigh between 300 grams and 1000 grams. A newly hatched corn snake can be 4 inches long or 11 inches long.

Snakes seem to grow at different rates. Partly because of genetics, feeding schedule, and environment.

Your snake is what it is, and to compare it to mine or somebody else's is sort of silly.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
Renigaed
All right that makes sense, thank you. I didn't think it was a silly notion, however, because I didn't know that.. but thank you anyway.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:58 AM   #4
kdickens
Hi Renigaed! Karl is right ... all snakes are different. But you are also right ... there are no silly questions if you don't know the answer. Always ask. Also read through this forum and look in the FAQ section and read the Stickys. There aren't any silly questions unless you want to know if it's okay to sit on a lawn chair in the middle of Times Square in swim fins and a TuTu while eating a cantaloupe. That would be silly.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #5
Renigaed
Haha, thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google