CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

503 Service Unavailable

Old 09-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
torsten
503 Service Unavailable

I keep getting the below message when trying to open some threads but not all threads. DYK for example won't open but comes up with this message.
Quote:

503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

Old 09-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
torsten
Still getting it, any ideas?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Susan
What it said...the server is busy with too much traffic. It happens sometimes and you just have to accept it. I get it every once in awhile, depending upon the time and the day.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
torsten
I'm getting it everytime I try and open certain threads but I can open other threads at the same time which are fine.

For instance I cannot open DYK at all, at anytime of the day, yet I can open others at the same time which open fine.

I have just opened 7 threads in new tabs and 2 of those won't open, and I can bet that those will not ever let me open them now.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Rich in KY
I have had this problem a few times as well.

I find that if I use a different web browser (I normally use Mozilla, but also use Apple Safari for Windows) that it lets me see the pages.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Rich Z
I'm in the process of looking for a new server. But honestly, I look forward to server moves much like I do getting root canals. It's a royal pain in the ass. But something that needs to be done on occasion, no matter what I may think about the process.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
Darcpixie
Torsten, I got that problem, and then cleared cache/cookies in firefox, and the issue resolved.

Did you try that?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Nanci
I have to look at the forum at work on IE, then I don't have that problem. I HATE IE, but I love cs.com more than I hate IE. At home I use Opera and everything is fine...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google