CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Being hyper prepared is good, right? (New person.)

Old 04-25-2016, 04:27 PM   #11
DollysMom
Without seeing, I can't tell. My only advice is to err on the side of caution. If he can't access it, he probably can't unlatch it.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:53 PM   #12
cinnabunbun
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdhzc1pbnq...34227.jpg?dl=0
Okay here's the tank with the pin in. Mango for Scale, I ran out of bananas sorry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8fl4qj68k...34302.jpg?dl=0
Pin is out and lid is pulled out slightly to show.

Any improvement ideas?

Old 04-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #13
blacktip
Sorry to hear you didn't like the guy very much. We had a really good conversation but then I was very interested in the specter and heliconias so that may have been why. It's a shame he pressured you about wanting a "common" morph. I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #14
DollysMom
Oh yeah, the sliding lid with the pin to secure should be fine. People have used those for years.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #15
cinnabunbun
It's no problem, it was my first time shopping for a reptile, so I was really nervous and stressed myself. I tried to keep my composure and stayed strong though. I really liked his cinder though, and there was no doubt that his information is helpful. I get to feel his snake, and that was probably the best thing about it. I really wish I had more time to go around the Expo, everything looked really fun! And coulda bought more stuff to fill up the cage.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #16
cinnabunbun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Oh yeah, the sliding lid with the pin to secure should be fine. People have used those for years.
That's quite a relief! Thank you Dolly's Mom. Time to shop for a new heat pad, mines a mini at the moment :\

Old 04-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #17
blacktip
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabunbun View Post
It's no problem, it was my first time shopping for a reptile, so I was really nervous and stressed myself. I tried to keep my composure and stayed strong though. I really liked his cinder though, and there was no doubt that his information is helpful. I get to feel his snake, and that was probably the best thing about it. I really wish I had more time to go around the Expo, everything looked really fun! And coulda bought more stuff to fill up the cage.
My girlfriend loved the cinders as well. She loves grey snakes. I had to remind her that we already have 6 corn snakes and that we were there looking for a crested gecko, not another snake.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #18
axis1
Hey, How ya Been??

Glad people jumped on the bandwagon!! I actually shouldn't talk since it took me almost a year to even come out of the shadows from just lurking! But one thing I do know about this site is that you will get some really great advice from people who really care about their reptiles and who talk from experience!

In terms of escaping, just remember (and keep it in the back of your head at all times!) that it is in a snake's nature to get out! If there is a gap in your security, they will find it! Just take it from those of us who have lost them!

But as long as you've got that covered (pun definitely intended!), I think you'll be fine!!

Later!

Old 04-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #19
cinnabunbun
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis1 View Post
Hey, How ya Been??

Glad people jumped on the bandwagon!! I actually shouldn't talk since it took me almost a year to even come out of the shadows from just lurking! But one thing I do know about this site is that you will get some really great advice from people who really care about their reptiles and who talk from experience!

In terms of escaping, just remember (and keep it in the back of your head at all times!) that it is in a snake's nature to get out! If there is a gap in your security, they will find it! Just take it from those of us who have lost them!

But as long as you've got that covered (pun definitely intended!), I think you'll be fine!!

Later!
I'd have to thank you for that xD; I am starting to feel more comfortable here. Anxiety is rough. I am clearing all my bases for the potential chance of escape.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
introduction