CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello from Sy and Gizmo!

Old 03-19-2016, 12:24 AM   #1
Syachi
Smile Hello from Sy and Gizmo!

Hey there! c: I'm Syachi, though I also answer to Sy. I'm a newbie to corn snakes / snakes in general. Though I've done quite a bit of research on corns before I went out and purchased one as I wanted to be prepared. I currently have one brown and red cornsnake whom absolutely loves burrowing and goes by the name of Gizmo.

That's Gizmo, (Or Gizzy as I sometimes call him.) The name came to mind from his pattern. It makes me think a bit of gears and since he's brown and red more so of just gears and steampunk so I thought it fit.

I've had him for nearly 3 weeks. He's fed well twice (one pinkie every 5 days) and a couple days ago had a successful shed. He's about 9.5 inches long and over all seems to be a happy and healthy snake.~

I do have a quick question, being new and all, how often should I expect him to shed? I think I read somewhere that as they age the time between sheds lengthens? But I'm not certain so I wanted to be sure. (Though I do know the signs to look out for such as the blue phase and such.)

Old 03-19-2016, 12:51 AM   #2
DollysMom
As babies they may shed at about 4 to 6 week intervals, but that's not certain at all. The real answer is that they shed when they need to.

Welcome. Gizmo is a great name. He's a very handsome snake!

Old 03-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
Tavia
Hello and welcome! Cute little baby!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
intro, introduction, new owner, newbie