CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

eating/pooping

Old 04-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Viserion
eating/pooping

Hey guys. So I fed my snake the first day I got him because he was behind on his feeding schedule. He ate one pinky that day (that was last Tuesday). I fed him this Monday, and he ate 2 pinkies. He never pooped after the first feeding, and he still hasn't pooped after this recent one. I know it can take a few days after he eats, but it has been 3 days plus the week before that. Is that a problem? And if not, when should I become worried? Thanks for the help!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
CaseyH
If he's eating pinkies, I would guess he is rather small. Is that correct? Also, what substrate is he on? If he's small and on aspen, baby poop can be hard to see.

Casey

Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
Viserion
He's no more than 8 months old and is maybe 14 inches long at most. I have yet to weigh him. My scale is coming in the mail tomorrow. I use aspen substrate.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
Amanda47
I used aspen about a month and never saw snake poo, or so I thought. While I was removing all the aspen (to use paper towel instead), I found what looked like a piece of burnt aspen. Wondering why the aspen would be burnt, I inspected it closely (thought it was a processing thing). It was only after I'd rubbed it between my fingers for a few seconds that I realized it was poop. Mmm.

Anyway, it's small and most of it is absorbed. You might find some white powder or a dark piece of poo-stained aspen if you look REALLY closely, but you probably won't find any very often.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Viserion
Ok, I did notice a few pieces of the burnt looking aspen. Ill go back and double check. So what size will his poop start to be bigger?

Old 04-05-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
disgurlchar
Wait until they are 3 years old - then you wont miss it.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Alicia P
When they are little it looks like sparrow poop, very small and hard to find, unless you have them on paper towels. As they grow so does their poop lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google