CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Non mated female laying dud/slug eggs

Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
Samjs5
Non mated female laying dud/slug eggs

I recently posted a picture of what seemed to be an egg fron my female
It turns out to be an dud/slug egg. She's laid four so far. What I want to know is how long/ many will she likely lay? She's 5yrs old & never done this before. the eggs were laid over a four day period. 1 the 1st day 2 the next day skipped a day & laid the 4th this morning.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
bitsy
If it's a full clutch, then you could get anything between the just ones you've seen so far, and 15+. Slugs can be laid over a longer timespan, where fertile clutches tend to be laid faster. Could be a few more days to go yet or she might be finished - wish I could be more help, but unless you can feel the eggs inside her (which will sometimes give you a count), there's not much you can do but wait. And as infertile eggs tend to be smaller than fertile ones, thy can be more difficult to feel anyway. Probably not worth disturbing her to try it at this point.

If she has a laying box then she's more likely to settle but with slugs, mine have often preferred roaming around, laying as they go.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Samjs5
I have had no intentions of breeding her this year as not prepaired anything. she is just roaminh around & laying. I'll just keep an eye on her & see how she goes. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #4
Nanci
I'd sitll give her a lay box to see if she'll just get in it and lay. There's a sticky down in my personal forum about how to make one.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #5
Samjs5
Thanks I'll have a look now.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Samjs5
I've made a laying box & she's been in it all day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google