CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 04-24-2007, 05:02 AM   #501
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
I second that! What a beauty, and looks fit as a fiddle too.
I just weighed him on Monday, and he is up to 35 grams. He doesn't even hesitate to take his food now, just dives right in.

I actually appreciated the experience with ShoeString, so much so that I am taking in nonfeeders that breeders haven't either the time on inclination to work with. It's a very rewarding, albeit out of the ordinary, side of corn snake keeping.

This was ShoeString this morning...

Old 04-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #502
jenkva
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxom1957
I just weighed him on Monday, and he is up to 35 grams. He doesn't even hesitate to take his food now, just dives right in.

I actually appreciated the experience with ShoeString, so much so that I am taking in nonfeeders that breeders haven't either the time on inclination to work with. It's a very rewarding, albeit out of the ordinary, side of corn snake keeping.

This was ShoeString this morning...
hmm, jaxom, are you a bit of a masochist?

Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #503
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkva
hmm, jaxom, are you a bit of a masochist?
I'll admit that I first took on a few nonfeeders because they were morphs I could otherwise not afford, and the price was such that I could take a flier. I now have a much different reason to bring them into my life. As anyone who reads the newspaper knows, there is so much sadness and pain in the world about which we can do nothing. This is something about which I have some control. With these little hatchlings, I have something to offer, something that makes a profound difference in their futures. Some people will see them as nature's weaklings, their deaths unfortunate but unavoidable. But, as both diamondlil and I have shown, their fate isn't sealed. They can grow into beautiful, healthy pets, if given some extra help for just a few weeks or months.

I have something they need: time and some experience in force feeding neonates. In return, I get to enjoy their beauty, celebrate their health and vigor - for which I was instrumental. In the big picture, they're just pet snakes, but in the microcosm of my world, they are success stories to be treasured. I risk loss and the grief that comes with it, but the reward justifies that.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #504
Cflaguy
Thumbs up....

to all of you who don't give up.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #505
Yvonne112
you are saving lives....that's awesome !

Old 04-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #506
jenkva
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxom1957
I'll admit that I first took on a few nonfeeders because they were morphs I could otherwise not afford, and the price was such that I could take a flier. I now have a much different reason to bring them into my life. As anyone who reads the newspaper knows, there is so much sadness and pain in the world about which we can do nothing. This is something about which I have some control. With these little hatchlings, I have something to offer, something that makes a profound difference in their futures. Some people will see them as nature's weaklings, their deaths unfortunate but unavoidable. But, as both diamondlil and I have shown, their fate isn't sealed. They can grow into beautiful, healthy pets, if given some extra help for just a few weeks or months.

I have something they need: time and some experience in force feeding neonates. In return, I get to enjoy their beauty, celebrate their health and vigor - for which I was instrumental. In the big picture, they're just pet snakes, but in the microcosm of my world, they are success stories to be treasured. I risk loss and the grief that comes with it, but the reward justifies that.
I understand what you mean. Indeed, thumbs up!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #507
diamondlil
Am trying Lil on a small adult f/t tonight. So far she's just giving me the 'you want me to eat that !' look

Old 04-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #508
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
Am trying Lil on a small adult f/t tonight. So far she's just giving me the 'you want me to eat that !' look
Keep on trying, she will give in for sure

Jaxom, you are a good person!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:02 AM   #509
diamondlil
She didn't, was greeted by squished, poooped on mouse in the morning and smug 'told you so' snake.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:04 AM   #510
diamondlil
A peach f/t was more acceptable, Lil obviously hasn't read Dean's feeding chart because at a whopping 135grams she should be eating bigger prey!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google