CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 AM   #591
diamondlil
I still can't believe how big and healthy Lil is now!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #592
SnakeAround
We recently had a discussion on a Dutch forum about what to do with a baby that does not eat itself after a few attempts, many said to give up and freeze it but this shows that holding on can certainly have a happy end

Old 10-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #593
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel View Post
We recently had a discussion on a Dutch forum about what to do with a baby that does not eat itself after a few attempts, many said to give up and freeze it but this shows that holding on can certainly have a happy end
For myself and Lil, a very happy end. I really can understand the opposite view though. For snakes I want to breed, I'd really think about how much effort to put in. For a pet, no trouble to try as long as they are not suffering. Of course this is why I could never be any kind of professional breeder, I'd spend more time on the problem babies and keep them, so any breeding project snakes with special needs get kept as pets!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #594
SnakeAround
I do the same over here, but I might sell it off to someone I know and trust to keep it as a pet only.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #595
diamondlil
I've rehabbed a couple of non-feeders for other people, but Lil's the one snake I could never sell, under any circumstances!

Old 10-25-2009, 01:41 AM   #596
Asbit
Janine I just got through this entire thread and it took me most of my evening...I am so pleased to have finally found it and read it...I have seen you around the forum and heard Lil and her story referred to but had not read it yet. She is beautiful!!

I really could not have found it at a better time...I was just asked tonight to help someone get their Aunties two non-feeders to eat. After reading just this thread I now know far more trick than I had heard of yet.

As well I have a Snow Motley who is just the most laid back snake I have ever had and will let me pose her for photos and loves to hang out around my neck...so her personality sounds similar to Lil's ....I have no idea but maybe it is a snow thing?

This is my Artemis

Great work Janine and everyone else here who is so willing to help out!

Old 10-25-2009, 05:14 AM   #597
diamondlil
Wow, I expect reading all of Lil's story in one go was an undertaking in itself! She really did beat the odds and I can never forget just how much help and support I had. Which is why I kept on with this thread after she was eating and growing in the hopes it could also help others with snakes that just won't eat.
Lil's perhaps not the best advert for keeping corns, she almost seemed set against surviving, she's still got odd proportions, shorter and fatter than the norm, but she's a testimony to how the members on here will rally round to help a struggling owner with practical suggestions, support and friendship.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #598
diamondlil
I must be mad! This year I decided to breed Lil, I've been besides myself with worry as she got ready to lay, wondering if risking her was a totally stupid idea. Thanks to the snake gods, 20 lovely eggs and a slightly deflated (but still snausage-shaped) Lil!

Old 06-09-2012, 05:59 AM   #599
SnakeAround
Yay good for you two! Who is the sire?

Old 06-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #600
diamondlil
Lil mated with Slim my amel and Butch the anery (poss het amel)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google