CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

HELP! IMPORTANT!!! issues...white sided rat snakes....

Old 11-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #11
CornCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastersHaven
THANKS SOOOOO MUCH guys!

I can walk past his tub now without him musking and lunging so I am leaning more towards shipping stress than to evil-ness...

I will give him some time to get use to things and then try it again...

Terri that is quite a list of rats you have there...
I wish I would have known that *before*
-- I have 1.1 albino black rat... 1.2 leucistic Texas rat... and the 1.2 white sided... OHHH and a lt-wc black rat that was given to me about 8 months ago...

I am thinking of getting a pair of the albino whitesided, are yours of breeding age yet?

again THANKS for all the advice...
I soooooo hope they calm down soon !
I am glad to hear that he is calming down some, at least!

LeeAnn, I really like the rat snakes! They get pretty big, but not TOO big! My albinos are babies, so unfortunately, I will not be producing any for 2-3 years (...unless my older "normal" female turns out to be het albino).

Old 11-17-2005, 03:41 PM   #12
MastersHaven
Ohhhhhhhhh !

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come home today to find that the beast is lose!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have torn my house apart and nothing ---

I know he is lurking and watching me and just waiting to slither his way out and latch on to my leg...

damn him!!!!

Old 11-17-2005, 04:06 PM   #13
DaemoNox
Thats terrible, I hope he appears somewhere, even if it is attached to your leg. If it helps any your not alone; I have a corn on the loose for about a month now, and still no signs of her.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #14
Preita
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastersHaven
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come home today to find that the beast is lose!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have torn my house apart and nothing ---

I know he is lurking and watching me and just waiting to slither his way out and latch on to my leg...

damn him!!!!
Just watch out when your in the shower and you hear the suspenceful music start up.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
JayBugg
I own 2 white sided licorce stick rat snakes. When I first got them in Sept of 2006, they were both already a year old. Not used to be handled. Male (Zeus) and female (Hera). The female was a little aggressive for about 1 month. But to this day I have not had any trouble with either of them biting or being the least bit aggressive. Best purchase I ever made. I do take them outside once a week during the summer and let them move around in the empty lot next to my house before I feed them. Maybe, your's just needs a fun time like that also. My vet said the out doors is a great plus for them. Not sure if my insight helps or not. But here it is.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #16
Susielea
This thread is nearly 3 years old, so I think the original poster has probably resolved the problems they were having by now

Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 AM   #17
raisingrrrl
yeah it's an old post & untimely response, but some folks read through these years later (like me now) and might learn a few things even if the original poster is long gone. i'm pretty convinced i'd like to get one of these 'lil guys. i've got 3 corns.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #18
kalena
I purchased some TransPecos ratsnakes - I think those are really pretty, and they are also known to be extremely docile. Well, the first two we got lived up to their reputation. But the 3rd one we got - a female - came flying out of her deli-cup like a jack-in-the-box and promptly inducted my daughter into the bite-club! I got one more female, and she was really stressed out after traveling, too. Just give them some time. I like the latex glove idea - I have a cloth garden glove that I'll wear if I think someone may bite me (it's probably no protection at all - just psychological) I'm a little freaky about being bit, too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google