• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Albino WW Rosy Boa

Ok. I have had a bit of a crazy day. My 1.1 pair of Mexican Rosy's ended up being a 0.2 pair! I brought them back down to Jason at jasons-jungle.com, and he made things right. He had no more males, so I traded him back for this 2009 Albino Whitewater Rosy + $30 towards a male when his females "lay".

So, the divider came out of the 10 gallon, since I won't be getting the male for another couple months, and here is the NEW Pam's 10 gallon setup:

Pam-001.jpg

Here are 2 pics I snapped of Pam real quick, ya, I'm still keeping the name Pam because when I get the male, he will be her Jim (Again, I'm a fan of The Office for those of you who didn't know)...

Pam-002.jpg

Pam-003.jpg

Anyways...Jason is still a great guy to work with, not his fault really. These Rosy's spurs are VERY hard to see when they are this small, he actually has to use a magnifying glass!

He fixed everything, so all is good, I still recommend him if you are looking for a Rosy :)

-Josh

Very nice, Josh. I think I have decided if/when it happens it will be an albino.

I have been trying to study up on them, because I want to pick the smallest subspecies.

I was actually just talking to the breeder about that today, and he said what are generally known as the Mexicans, which are what I had, are the smallest that are regularly available from most breeders.

Im hoping to get one of these from the origin this year..
I've got my fishing license and only live 15min or so from
WhiteWater.. Here we go herping.. LOL

Sorry to cause all that! But Jason thought spurs should be visible, too? Even if tiny? Are you going to get a het or an albino male? I've thought about that, and I think it would be nice to have a litter with both. Well, Pam is beautiful, too. That's the problem with Rosies- too many to choose from, even without going into morphs!

I think I am going to get a het when he does have them. I wouldn't mind making all Albinos when it came time to breeding, but I don't just want a bunch of Albinos to look at...I want some variance in my collection...and I think the regular Whitewaters look cool too.

The spur thing...he said they should definitely be visible, although through a magnifying glass. He also said an old trick is to take an index card, put the edge on the snakes ventral side of the tail, and behind the vent. Then start to lightly drag it towards the vent (in the direction of the head) and you should "catch" on the spurs, even the tiny ones. <.........I haven't tried it since I now have a female, but this is one way he said he used to do it.

Here are a few shots of Pam eating for me. Jason said she is a bit small because at first she was a bit of a problem feeder and needed braining or live. First time feeding her, I went F/T and she took it like a champ :D :thumbsup:

2 Feeding shots:
Pam-005.jpg

Pam-006.jpg

This last one Courtney took earlier, would have been great but the sealant on the tank blurred out her face...
Pam-004.jpg

:)

Here are a few shots of Pam eating for me. Jason said she is a bit small because at first she was a bit of a problem feeder and needed braining or live. First time feeding her, I went F/T and she took it like a champ :D :thumbsup:

2 Feeding shots:
Pam-005.jpg

Pam-006.jpg

This last one Courtney took earlier, would have been great but the sealant on the tank blurred out her face...
Pam-004.jpg

Hey HH u got one great looking rosie there and u where rite...this one really sparked my interest even more.... im deff gonna get an albino next weekend at repticon Orlando if they have any....

Snapped a couple pictures of Pam tonight!

Here she is saying, "Dad...dad....DAD! Look, I'm almost as long as my tank!"
Pam-012.jpg

Here is one in her little deli cup while I was changing her bedding...she's getting some decent weight on her now :)
Pam-013.jpg

Thanks Nanci...I am getting ballsy today and trying double pinks on her! I was told these prefer smaller meals...that's why I have been waiting to bump up meal size...she is at about 38 grams right now...if it were a corn, it'd already be on doubles...but we will give it a try and see if she takes the second one!

Back