CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Guess the genetics

Old 08-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
wowfood
Guess the genetics

Got this beautiful baby the other week. But unsure on the genetics (I wanted it because it was pretty)

Figured I'd let people have a guess and get back when I find out about the parentage.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
wowfood

Old 08-23-2018, 10:26 PM   #3
Frank Pinello
Motley anery.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
Nanci
I agree with Frank.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #5
wowfood
I would have agreed on the motley part, but I always thought motley didn't have chequered patterens on their bellys, and this one appears to have no checks until the last motley spot. And the checkered until the vent.

Likewise although it's a very dark colouring (first thought was anery) they do have a red tint to them which has thrown me off slightly.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
wowfood

delete postcrossing account

Old 08-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #7
Frank Pinello
The color of the snake looks much different in the second photo but pattern is identical. In this new light it has a normal hatchling colors. The pattern combined with the checkering of the belly is odd. I've seen normals with odd patterns before. So my best guess after seeing these additional photos is it's an odd pattern normal corn snake.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
Nanci
Interesting. Must be a weird normal.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #9
Nanci
Also, the side pattern is not blurred in either snake.

Old 08-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #10
wowfood
My best guess of it was it might be a chimera. They still have anery colouring on the snoot, and end of the tail, but it appears a dark normal for the motley like section.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google