• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

have a question about vorn snake actual body temp

i'm curious as what the actual body temp of baby corn snake should be i took the temp of my snake with infrared thermometer and it was sitting at 86 degrees shes been basking all day in the hot side where shes out is been about 88 to 90.

this is just curiosity shes got lots of places to go they are different temps in the tank the cold/shaded part of the tank sits at 80 degrees during the day and the middle part 82 to 85 and the back part 88 on bottom and on top of the log hide it can range from 88 to 93. at night the tank drops in temp that's because in the room shes in the sun hits the room all day and at night it don't i got the windows closed tho. at night the temps on the hot side range from 78 to 85 and the cold side 72 to 75.i really don't mess with the temps too much because i,m out of the house 13 hours a day but the temps should be comfortable enough at night.

Snakes don't have "A Body Temp."

Their body takes on the temp of their surroundings.

If the ground they are laying on is 50 degrees, they will be 50 degrees.

That's why we provide a "temperature gradient" for the snake in our cages and tanks. That way the snake can warm up (on the warm side) if it wants to or needs to, and it can cool down (on the cool side) if it wants to or needs to.

It's not up to you and I to worry about what the body temp of our snakes is, "we" simply must provide the correct temps, and then the snake will pick and choose whether it gets warm or cool on its own.

Usually, the snake will seek the warm side after eating, because the warmth helps with digestion. But it may seek the cool side on occasion too.

I keep a warm side of about 84 to 86 degrees, and a cool side of about 71 to 75 degrees, and find the snake in both areas from time to time. I really don't care what his body temp is, and I've never measured it.

Back